On the 'tube

What an amazing ‘Stairway’ cover. I’m touched. Give it a try.

Hard to avoid banging you head in time to that song once it kicks in, isn't it?

EXCELLENT performance of a classic tune ! Thanks. The restraint in tempo was quite impressive... Drummer kicked it up a notch but that was OK in my book.

Wow. Stairway and Bohemian Rhapsody have always carried bad luck in my eyes. I listened to this anyway. Anne Wilson is a boss. Jimmy Page and JPJ were groovin... :) nice tribute. Glad no one sucked it up. Some songs should not be covered.

Yikes that was absolutely fantastic. SO great to see this done so well, in the presence of the band, and especially seeing them all -- Paige especially -- so obviously enthralled.

The key to the first half of that song is the tempo and pacing, and they flat out nailed it. Lots of other great choices, including the choir -- wasn't sure I liked them at first, but the final pay off was total and monumental.

And those great reaction shots really make it.

Thanks for posting, made my day.

Bleh. If I have to hear that song I'd rather hear it done by LZ.

I gave it a shot, but it just confirmed two things that I already knew. I hate that song and I hate Heart.

Why does the camera keep showing those old guys from the Muppet Show?

EXCELLENT performance of a classic tune ! Thanks. The restraint in tempo was quite impressive... Drummer kicked it up a notch but that was OK in my book.

– Mitch Crane

– MitchC

The drummer was paying tribute to his father.

I loved watching Plant... he was like "crap.... she's doing me better than me!" 8-o 8-o

Great loved it even my wife listened normaly she don't. But she sang along :)

OMG!!! You guys may be converting me. I REALLY LIKED that. I need a Merle Haggard fix. :D

Wow. Just wow. That was awesome

I gave it a shot, but it just confirmed two things that I already knew. I hate that song and I hate Heart.

– bombcityrocker

– rivercityrocker

Don't mince words, Denny. Tell us how you really feel. :D

Great job by Heart. Needed to be reminded how great this overused, overplayed, overcovered song really was originally. I am going to resist the urge to pick up my axe and cover it again...for old time's sake.

– NJBob

– NJBob

hahahahahahahahahaha:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I saw this the other night. I had forgotten that the Kennedy Center Honors was on TV. I enjoyed watching Paige watching Heart playing one of their songs. Heart did a very good job with the song. and yeah, Plant did seem to have a worried look on his face. ha ha :D

Heart always wanted to be Led Zeppelin - and covered some other LZ songs live, back in the day.

I thought that it was a great and touching performance. And Stairway is not one of my favorite songs. When Jason Bonham looked up to the heavens it was really touching. And while Jimmy Page rocked along to it all, Robert Plant went from looking slightly annoyed to being really touched, tearing up at one point.

Earlier in the show, they did a nice tribute to Buddy Guy. Jeff Beck played I Would Rather Go Blind and the woman who sang it, Beth Hart, did a fantastic job. It was a different arrangement and it really worked for me.

That was excellent! I have always loved both Zep and Heart. Good to see Jason behind the kit for this one. Caught Jimmy making guitar face when the guy went into the lead bit. Nice. Thanks for posting.

I loved watching Plant... he was like "crap.... she's doing me better than me!" 8-o 8-o

– Hermitt

– Hermitt

She has a deeper voice.

Maybe she buys her clothes from that Duluth Trading Co. 8-o

I don't care where she buys her clothes, she killed it

BarryG_NYC, watch this 12 (?) year old sing the crap out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

("I was just, I was just...")

Who's cooler than Jimmy Page? That's how a star should grow old. Don't dye your hair. Don't try to look like a kid.

Register Sign in to join the conversation