On the 'tube

Two Easy Ways to Check your Phase/Wiring of Guitar Speaker Cabinet

I just posted a video on how to properly verify if you wiring is correct in your speaker cabinet or if you are changing out a speaker and you forgot which is positive and which is negative. I wasn't sure if this would be helpful to the folks here but I thought it was worth a post.

Scott

You should always do the battery test just in case the speaker was left with the cone toward the back. Getting speakers phased is even more important when you're using multiple speakers, like a 2X12 or 4X10, and with stereo and PA cabs. Once it's done, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

By the way, the long section on a 1/4" jack is the sleeve, not the ring. Ring is the small second part of a male stereo jack, also know as a Tip/Ring /Sleeve or TRS jack.

You should always do the battery test just in case the speaker was left with the cone toward the back. Getting speakers phased is even more important when you're using multiple speakers, like a 2X12 or 4X10, and with stereo and PA cabs. Once it's done, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

By the way, the long section on a 1/4" jack is the sleeve, not the ring. Ring is the small second part of a male stereo jack, also know as a Tip/Ring /Sleeve or TRS jack.

– wabash slim

Did I call it the wrong thing....I always do that

Register Sign in to join the conversation