On the 'tube

Trogly Buys His First Gretsch

He's not well versed on Gretsch but it is cool to see him get a White Falcon. He shows it but doesn't review but will at a later date.

Cool! It's fun to see so many unboxings of some nice guitars. I'll keep an eye out for his review of the white 'Penguin'. It's an expensive guitar that I really didn't need to see!

I don't understand this guy or his "show" at all... I haven't watched many of these at all, but most of the shows seem taken up with him discussing cardboard boxes!

Anyway... attractive trio of guitars there. I was hoping he would play that Epi with the P90s... curious to hear what it sounded like. Thanks for sharing!

I don't understand this guy or his "show" at all... I haven't watched many of these at all, but most of the shows seem taken up with him discussing cardboard boxes!

Anyway... attractive trio of guitars there. I was hoping he would play that Epi with the P90s... curious to hear what it sounded like. Thanks for sharing!

– reverb11

Not just me then

Unboxing vids seem to me like those channels where you watch someone else eat.

Not just me then

Unboxing vids seem to me like those channels where you watch someone else eat.

– tabletop

Unless it's Geoff Vane.

I don't think I've ever watched one of his videos the whole way through... Yep, lot's of just unboxing and him gabbing on and on. I skipped to him opening the Penguin. Glad he admits he doesn't know much about them. The headstock reminds him of a Dean?!! Really?? Not sure I'll be watching his review of the Penguin..

Yeah I haven’t watched all the way through not one of his episodes but I get him as a suggestion in my YouTube feed so if the title is that of a guitar of interest I’ll watch and skip to the place in the video where it is. I did like that red Epi Les Paul with P90s tho. Weird thing is people buy guitars from him that he buys off Sweetwater and Musicians Friend. I just noticed him talk about that in this video. It’s weird because people can get it themselves off those websites. So how would he make money? Or does he charge more than what he buys off those online vendors? If so why do people buy from him? I can see if he got something off eBay and had it in stock and someone wanted to buy it but if it’s something anyone can buy any day or time of the week why are people buying through him? I don’t understand the reason.

He doesn’t play well but you can see he’s a guitar enthusiast. So if he has a guitar of interest I watch.

Polecats- Don't get me wrong.. I appreciate you posting the video. Always good to see Gretsch recognition out there. I also get his videos in my YouTube feed all the time. I just usually end up skipping around through his videos to get to parts that interest me.
And I'm also not sure how about the whole buying and reselling thing he was referring to in the video. Definitely seems odd.. Thanks again!

Metman, I watched the video again where he mentions who he sells to primarily. I missed this the first time around but he said he sells these guitars mostly to people outside the US because some vendors don't ship outside the US. That makes sense.

I don't understand this guy or his "show" at all... -reverb11

I get it. Some people like to enjoy a vicarious NGD experience. It reminds me of when my daughter was maybe 5-8 years old and she loved watching youtube videos of people unpacking and discussing cool new toys. I probably would have liked it at that age too.

It's not for me, but if all of his videos featured 1950s and 1960s Gretsch and Rickenbacker NGDs, then I just might be a subscriber.

Happy is the man who finds his niche.

Register Sign in to join the conversation