On the 'tube

This is nice stuff

It sure is nice stuff, thanks for the link. I like all three of these players - Kenny Burrell was the player who got me into playing jazz, many years ago. Someone gave me an album of his called 'Blue Bash', with Jimmy Smith on the organ, and I've been hooked on jazz guitar ever since.

Ah yes, I love this clip. I have watched it several times already! Amazing!

Indeed! Thanks for posting it here.

Great clip, thanks for posting. Three monster players, but funky GG is my fav.

Anybody recognize the guitars Barney and Grant are playing? Kenny's on a D'Angelico, and Barney's has a Gibson style tailpiece and truss rod cover, but the fretboard dot markers don't match any models I'm familiar with. Maybe an acoustic archtop with added Charlie Christian pickup? Grant's headstock looks Epiphone-ish, and it looks like a Frequensator tailpiece, but I don't recall seeing an Epiphone with that style pickup in the pickguard.

Anybody recognize the guitars Barney and Grant are playing? Kenny's on a D'Angelico, and Barney's has a Gibson style tailpiece and truss rod cover, but the fretboard dot markers don't match any models I'm familiar with. Maybe an acoustic archtop with added Charlie Christian pickup? Grant's headstock looks Epiphone-ish, and it looks like a Frequensator tailpiece, but I don't recall seeing an Epiphone with that style pickup in the pickguard.

– Parabar

Isn't that Barney Kessel's 1940s Gibson ES-350 with Charlie Christian Pick up? He almost always played that one.

Register Sign in to join the conversation