On the 'tube

They Are Saying Tony Joe White Has Passed

That wasn't meant to be Creedence bashing as I am too big of a fan for that. I just thought the comment was funny, RIP Tony Joe White. John Fogerty, glad you're still with us.

Thoroughly agreed.

That wasn't meant to be Creedence bashing as I am too big of a fan for that. I just thought the comment was funny, RIP Tony Joe White. John Fogerty, glad you're still with us.

– Don Birchett

I certainly didn't take it that way, and I doubt that my distinguished friend did either. Just a little good nature humor amongst a couple of heavy hitters. Bad Moon was one of my daughter in law's dad's favorite tunes. He said they played it all the time when he was in Vietnam. I play it every so often to bring up good memories. Sgt Eddie Cantrell. A good dude.

Rainy NIght in Georgia is one of my fav songs ever. I grew up on the Brook Benton version but this version is beautiful

Sad to read of his passing. Ever since getting the news, I’ve been searching in vain for the live performance video of “Rainy Night In Georgia” recorded a few years back in what appeared to me to be the Amsterdam train station (Centraal Station). I posted it here back then. If anyone knows where it is now, please post. It’s one sweet version.

I have to tell you all that our own Bigsbyslur does a mean version of Poke Salad Annie.

To paraphrase Willie Nelson, Tony Joe was “one in a row.”

Thanks RickyBob, that's a nice one and pretty darn close to the one I was thinking of.... fyi, the one I am looking for is a daytime setting, with an Amsterdam (?) harbor window behind him. Maybe Danman has a line on it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation