On the 'tube

The O’Kaysions “Girl Watcher”

This is a ridiculous song, a ridiculously funny song. I haven't heard this song in years and Youtube suggested a playlist for me and I let it run. Wasn't watching the videos but on another Window in my web browser and this song came on. I totally forgot about this song as I have not heard it in years. When I heard it come on I thought yes! Been so long. I forgot it was the band The O'Kaysions but thought it was Jackie Wilson until I flipped over to the video.

What I love about this song is the rhythm guitar. It's very repetitive but love the guitar on it. Catchy guitar and yet simple -

In the 80s I was in a garage band that purposely did dorky songs like this and this was one of our favorties. This one had some good chord changes. We did all the best remembered mid 60s garage rock also.

I don't know why, but I've always thought this was a black band...I guess by the vocals.

I don't know why, but I've always thought this was a black band...I guess by the vocals.

– crowbone

Exactly. This band got a lot of soul. That’s why I thought it was Jackie Wilson until I saw the video.

Register Sign in to join the conversation