On the 'tube

The Beatles - 1963 Swedish TV

Thanks for posting. John's mic is hotter than Pauls. Same thing on the first Sullivan performance. (Same sound guy?) Naw!

Oh, Mitch; you really get a gold star from me. I've never seen it, either. Certainly shows why they were such a "new" sound, and such engaging guys, and gives a second of George's "leg thing" dance. Thank you, so very much. Olivia Anne.

Very cool... Now, I would have HATED to be the group following them!!!! 8-)

I have seen Saw here standing there, can't remember where though..

Doesn't the camera just love them? and rightly so.

I saw them live in Scotland in concert at around that time, but it was impossible to hear anything.

Great stuff. They sounded great despite the bad mix! We should all be so lucky!

Never saw that either! How can that be? Besides a little mistep in the middle of Twist & Shout, Ringo looked and sounded cool as beans--particularly in "She Loves You" where he sounded like thunder.

I've seen a ton of old Beatles clips, but never this one ... the mix is pretty bad, but man, the energy is sure there ! A mini-concert....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

– Mitch Crane

I've seen a ton of old Beatles clips, but never this one ... the mix is pretty bad, but man, the energy is sure there ! A mini-concert....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

– MitchC

There was some Anthology footage from Sweden- different that this -- where George's guitar was totally inaudible.

2 observations -- there was something about John's voice in that 1963-65 period... I think at that point he was the best rock singer in the world.

If there were drummers before Ringo who were making as much high end sizzle banging the hell out of the ride cymbal and that half-open high hat scene, I don't know who they were.

I agree with you DCBirdman about Ringo's drumming. The use of the ride cymbal and high hat are what really attracted me to much of that early Beatles music. Great stuff.

Ringo was always an under-rated drummer IMO, especially by other drummers... but I LOVED his drumming. Very creative and inventive. Sure loved his raw energy in this vid A LOT !

That was great, thanks!

Ringo was always an under-rated drummer IMO, especially by other drummers... but I LOVED his drumming. Very creative and inventive. Sure loved his raw energy in this vid A LOT !

– Mitch Crane

– MitchC

Look at a song like Ticket To Ride. How many drummers would have just put a 2&4 backbeat to that song? Not Ringo.

Man, they looked like they were having a blast. That poor kid at the end didn't look to happy to be waiting for them to finish. :|

Register Sign in to join the conversation