On the 'tube

Testing my new Amp ORLANDO ACETONE SPECIAL 15” - (VIDEO)

Here is the test of my new amplifier, after so much waiting, Giuseppe Orlando, builder of this fantastic little gem, called me saying he was ready. I try this instrument using my three electrical voices:

Gretsch 6122/1959 Telecaster '52 reissue pure vintage Gibson L5 CES Crimson

This model, ACETONE SPECIAL 15 ", in particular, was built for me under my specifications on the 15" speaker, to recall the advice of the great Chet Atkins precisely on the diameters of the speakers, he in fact used a JBL D130 in his Standell.

My video is a tribute to fingerstyle as well as a tribute to Giuseppe Orlando for his work. I chose three songs of my liking on three different guitars, Gretsch 6122 for Chet Atkins, Telecaster for Paul Yandell and Gibson L5 for Walter Rodrigues jr.

sorry for my many mistakes, I hope you like it

PAOLO.

Both you and your new amplifier sound amazing, Paolo. I enjoyed listening to you, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Wade H, my amp really exudes value, and the 15 ”speaker does its duty very well.

Paola, that sounds great. Sweet and full. Very tasty playing, too.

Sounds great Paolo,lovely playing as usual sir!

Grazie gentlemen, I hope to record some more videos!!!!

Sounds beautiful Paolo and well played. Thanks for posting.

Grazie Gary, I really appreciate. I'm really obsessed with the search for beautiful sound and high quality instruments. I believe my future purchase will be that of a ribbon microphone....!!!

Paolo, Another great tune on YouTube! I like your playing and look forward to new stuff from you as I review and enjoy you past listings. I am proud for you for getting your new amp! It sounds as good as it looks!! I want to offer a tiny suggestion that many others may agree with. I hope you will consider the addition of an APEX XCITER PEDAL to your arsenal of pedals. Many other fingerpickers recommend the "Bass" one instead of the "electric guitar" one. Check out the YouTube videos to see what they are all about. I have the red "electric guitar" one and it is great!! I think for "clean" picking it can't be beat!! Just a friendly suggestion. You and I and a lot of other folks are looking for that "something special" and you have made a major step in the right direction with getting that cool amp! Keep those videos coming! I really like what you are doing!! Steve in Oklahoma

Ok Steve, I will take a look; for the moment between the guitar and the amp there is only the connection cable !!!! I usually don't use pedals.

Billy, no Problem Ace-Tone

Paolo, Another great tune on YouTube! I like your playing and look forward to new stuff from you as I review and enjoy you past listings. I am proud for you for getting your new amp! It sounds as good as it looks!! I want to offer a tiny suggestion that many others may agree with. I hope you will consider the addition of an APEX XCITER PEDAL to your arsenal of pedals. Many other fingerpickers recommend the "Bass" one instead of the "electric guitar" one. Check out the YouTube videos to see what they are all about. I have the red "electric guitar" one and it is great!! I think for "clean" picking it can't be beat!! Just a friendly suggestion. You and I and a lot of other folks are looking for that "something special" and you have made a major step in the right direction with getting that cool amp! Keep those videos coming! I really like what you are doing!! Steve in Oklahoma

– Steve Sanders

Steve, however from what I understood by reading quickly, is a DI pedal or equalizer; maybe what I didn't tell you is that my AceTone has a special potentiometer called Bass-Pot that serves to emphasize the Basses !!!! And on a 15 ”speaker you can hear a big difference when it is inserted; also for fingerstyle it is of great help .....

Register Sign in to join the conversation