On the 'tube

Test Fender Twin Reverb ORLANDO LEGEND

n Jun 13, 2021 4:42 pm

(I recommend using headphones when listening on the smartphone)

Here is the test of my “new” amplifier, after Orlando’s make-up work. Nos components and tube (Sylvania) for this Twin Reverb, Point to point hand made circuit.

Here I use Gibson L5 , McGill Super Ace crossover nylon guitar, Martin OM-28 with LR Baggs Anthem preamp.

The songs in order of execution:

-Wayfaring Stranger arr. J. Standefer - When April Comes arr. K. Burnside -Blues for Bill arr. J. Reichbart

-Just You arr. P. Bergeson -Junk P. McCartney arr. My -First Rule of Thumb arr. B. Mason

-Loving Rita arr. D. Dykes -The Tower and the Crane arr. P. Bergeson - Paulette arr. S. Krenz

Spadaro Paolo

Beautifly done,on my second listen!

Lovely tone sir.

I've always loved Chet's version of Junk,some pretty chords in there.

Lovely tone sir.

I've always loved Chet's version of Junk,some pretty chords in there.

– JCHiggy

chet uses its dobro DelVecchio Dinamico in Junk!!!! Bellissimo!!!!

I love your playing, Paolo, and what's not to love about a Twin Reverb? I had one back in the late 80's, I liked it a lot, but it was heavy as all git out, so I sold it and kept my Fender 75 Lead amp (also heavy as heck) Great songs, very well played!

My 1980 Fender 75 Lead amp. 15" speaker, and I stack the amp on top of a Fender 4x12" cabinet and play through all five speakers. It really pushes the air, it will easily snuff out a lighter!

I'm the second owner of this amp. The original owner accidentally spilled been (during a gig) right after he bought it. It burned out one of the 6L6GC tube sockets (and it few associated resistors), burned out ALL of the nine tube filaments (heaters), burned out the on/off switch and high/low power switch, and the speaker coil. I bought it for a hundred bucks, and rebuild it myself. It's on the bench right now for its first re-cap. Not bad after forty-one years of reliable service!

yes it is true, there is a lot of weight, but how much quality though !!!! it must also be said that if one goes out often to play outside, there are also more contained combos, like my rivera sedona !!!!

Sounds great!! Thanks for posting.

I love your playing, Paolo, and what's not to love about a Twin Reverb? I had one back in the late 80's, I liked it a lot, but it was heavy as all git out, so I sold it and kept my Fender 75 Lead amp (also heavy as heck) Great songs, very well played!

– Wade H

I picked up a silverface Twin Reverb (with JBLs) when I was a 5' 8" 120lb teenager and my knees buckled and the amp went crashing to the ground, but it bounced on it's rubber wheeled casters, so no damage! What was I thinking

I'll take a Princeton Reverb please!

I picked up a silverface Twin Reverb (with JBLs) when I was a 5' 8" 120lb teenager and my knees buckled and the amp went crashing to the ground, but it bounced on it's rubber wheeled casters, so no damage! What was I thinking

I'll take a Princeton Reverb please!

– Daniel Weldon

For clean jazz, fender sound in any case!!!!!

That L5 sounds beautiful. Great playing.

– Tsar Nicholas

The mix L5-TwinReverb is true poetry.

The thing that shocked me with this make-up is that the acoustics and nylon are also beautiful !!!!

Paolo.

Register Sign in to join the conversation