On the 'tube

TCM airing music concerts/docs all weekend

I see that after airing the "T.A.M.I. Show last night, TCM is showing music docs all weekend. Tonight is "the Kids are Alright"- The Who, "Shine a Light"-the Stones, "The Decline of Western Civilization Parts 1&2" -punk and metal, and "This is Elvis". Tomorrow is "The Song Remains the Same"-Led Zep and a Hendrix Doc. Monday is "Don't Look Back"-Dylan, "Neil Young-Heart of Gold", "Festival", Monterey Pop, and "Woodstock".

I missed the TAMI show...was it the whole show, or just the abridged version that's on youtube? FWIW, I think I'll skip my segment tonight. I still find it embarrassing.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I've seen Decline Part 1 since it came out when I was a freshman in college.

Monterey Pop is worth watching for the Otis Redding performance alone.

Everything else is just gravy.

After Woodstock is A Hard Day's Night followed by Pop Gear- has some lipsynch performances but also some concert footage, unfortunately it's hosted by Jimmy Savile but still worth checking out

I missed the TAMI show...was it the whole show, or just the abridged version that's on youtube? FWIW, I think I'll skip my segment tonight. I still find it embarrassing.

– Billy Zoom

They ran the full feature.

Pop Gear has some great music in it that we never otherwise heard in the US. AKA GoGo Mania!

Register Sign in to join the conversation