On the 'tube

Sukiyaki

[ This is one of my COVID-19 projects. I hope you enjoy my humble attempts at copying the Master. I stole as many licks from Chet as I could.

Well done! Great choice too.

OH, how I wished I could even get CLOSE to that! Well done.

Nice work!

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Fantastic! If you wouldn't mind, what are you using to record your guitar? Is it direct or are you mic-ing an amp?

My recorded tracks have sounded absolutely flat lately, so I'd love to know how you're getting such a great sound!

Thanks, Ben

A gentle reminder of what a hack I am. That's sweet!

Fantastic! If you wouldn't mind, what are you using to record your guitar? Is it direct or are you mic-ing an amp?

My recorded tracks have sounded absolutely flat lately, so I'd love to know how you're getting such a great sound!

Thanks, Ben

– BennytheJet

The camera is a Canon Vixia HF R800. I ran a Shure SM57 straight into the camera's audio in. My amp is a Vox AC15 I plugged the guitar into the Top Boost channel treble at about 1:00 and bass at about 11:00. I used three pedals; an Xotic EP booster, Xotic SP compressor, and some slap-back with an MXR Carbon Copy. Thanks for asking, Ben.

Fantastic, great tone and I’m glad you got the gear description as well. I like how the bass flips to become the melody for a bit, you did that very smoothly!

Well done, Jim, I like it. It's very creative, and your tone is awesome!

Register Sign in to join the conversation