On the 'tube

Stuff Live at Montreux 76

Whilst perusing Youtube this evening I stumbled across this...

I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with quite a wide range of cool music. Whilst my Mum would favour Charles Aznavour or the Carpenters, my Dad would be projecting "Weather Report" or Miles Davis in to space from his Norwegian Solavox speakers. "Stuff" were another favourite of my Dad.

Aside from the glorious music I'm loving Cornell Dupree's modded 3 pickup tele with what looks like a white faced Dearmond in the middle. Cornell always was the coolest.

Let's be honest. The real question is, and I know I speak for everybody here - what kind of watch is Richard Tee wearing?

LOL It's a beauty isn't it?

...hmm hexagonal case...blue face (?) hidden lugs...

I think it's a Seiko 6119-5440....but I can't be sure.

C'mon. We can't enjoy the funk until we get this straightened out.

Excuse the crudity of this comparison...

It kind of looks more like it in the moving footage. He's certainly giving it plenty of opportunity to self-wind!

After looking for cool Cornell pics, here's one of him with Jimi Hendrix and Wilson Pickett.

And with King Curtis and Jimi from the same show...nice Guild Starfire III

Steve Gadd...’nuff said.

(Back in the day, I was one of the tens of thousands of drummers who went through a Gadd-clone period. And I’d have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t fer you meddling kids.)

King Curtis, Wilson Picket, Cornell Dupree and Seamus Hendricks all on the same floor level stage, in what looks like a small club... can you just imagine the pure vibes in that room?!

King Curtis, Wilson Picket, Cornell Dupree and Seamus Hendricks all on the same floor level stage, in what looks like a small club... can you just imagine the pure vibes in that room?!

– Tsar Nicholas

Esther Phillips and Percy Sledge too!

All these heavy hitters and King Curtis doesn’t seem to be enjoying himself at all.

All these heavy hitters and King Curtis doesn’t seem to be enjoying himself at all.

– Tsar Nicholas

Maybe he was claustrophobic?

These photos are amazing, just beautiful fidelity in the images. Love Jimi with the Jazzmaster, soul suit and abundant Marcel bouffant combo. So, so cool.

I listened to the whole Montreaux Stuff concert. Gonna get the Fender Bass out and start gittin' it later today.

They are great aren't they? Jimi looks so cool, so at ease, as relaxed as his Process. The Jazzmaster actually looks quite natural upsidedown too.

Gordon Edwards brings the funk even when he's sitting down. Inspirational Stuff.

I’d say it’s hard to stand up when you’re laying it down that heavily.

Yelp, love me some Stuff.

Register Sign in to join the conversation