On the 'tube

Stray (Mullet) Cats - Oh (Mullet) Boy

I think I never saw that song on video of the 1990 Tokyo show... At 1:42 he steps on a phaser or chorus pedal to turn off that horrible effect! Thank godSo - Tavo the guru... I bet you know which pedal Setzer was using. Give it to us buddy!

Well, the RE301 had an inbuilt chorus, which is the likely culprit.

Yeah but he steps on a pedal... You can see it... I believe its some BOSS pedal

The pedal is probably just a boost. I've never known Brian use a chorus in a rockabilly set-up like that. Sure, he's used 'em, KFLJ, LND, etc., I believe there may even be one on the Rock Therapy album, but that doesn't sound like chorus on the video.

I've been wrong more than once though...

no boosts, no space echo chorus. He had a pedal board that he demo'd on his Hot Licks Video (repackaged as The Guitar Of Brian Setzer) that had an Ibanez Tube Screamer, A boss CE-5 chorus, an EQ, and Dunlop crybaby. I may be missing one?? maybe on this link. The Hot licks video shows it in detail, I'll pull a screen shot later. http://gretschpages.com/for...

Im the song above that Chorus pedal was on, possibly w the GE-5..and he stomps it off! He's never run the remote switches via cable to his RE-301 space echo that turn on and off several functions.

He's used a tubescreamer and rat pedal at various points in his career, even as recent as the 13 album with pics in the studio I should have saved running into his supro thunderbolt. He says he doesnt use pedals but.... He's got a Mystery Brain now in the hands of Tyler Sweet. :)

Well, there ya go. Tavo knows his stuff so I’m not about to argue.

One small personal correction though, I meant LNG of course (Live Nude Guitars). Auto correct is getting above itself...

Well, there ya go. Tavo knows his stuff so I’m not about to argue.

One small personal correction though, I meant LNG of course (Live Nude Guitars). Auto correct is getting above itself...

– Deke Martin

its sad Deke, I need a new hobby :)

He's got a Mystery Brain now in the hands of Tyler Sweet. :)

Wait.... Why isnt there a thread about that? How cool is that? Congrats Tavo! Hopefully Brian shoots you a review this time. He missed that on his earlier purchase of the original Seltzers

I dont know that he is keen on utilizing them for live performances but I think we might see the MysteryBrain used in live Radio shows and such. At least thats what I've been told. I'm happy if it finds a place for him as a useful alternative especially knowing he blows through a large group of RE-301 space echoes that get wonky on the road during his tour. I can imagine the fun, he's even posted a pic w them all stacked up guessing which ones are going to behave. He'd be fine w just the Mystery Brain, since its made to comp his thang!

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fn...

Great stuff there. I bet he has a mystery Brain in every Roland casing. Like the fake Marshall stacks back in the day of Rocknroll

Register Sign in to join the conversation