On the 'tube

Solo jazzabilly- Darn that Dream

Hey guys,

Been a while since I’ve posted, this arrangement is particularly gretsch favouring so thought I’d share- duo jet and a boss dm3w makes for a good time!

Nice! I like the picking style changes throughout the song, especially those fast finger plucked runs.

Wow! Thanls for the breakdown, nice to hear your thoughts!! I’ve been away working on jazz and have kinda come home stylistically with new ideas but had to brush up on that stuff, so you’ve made me feel good!!

Wonderful!

– eCastro

Thank you!

Pretty cool Adrian!

– JCHiggy

Cheers! Appreciate you posting!

Boy, that was nice! Great tone. What model/year is your DuoJet? Wunderin' if you recorded "direct in" or mic'd an amp. If it's an amp, what was it? Don't hear that good'a tone much these days. Inqusitive minds wanna know!!!! Tell us about your recording setup. Thanks, Steve

Nice job Adrian. We've missed your postings.

Boy, that was nice! Great tone. What model/year is your DuoJet? Wunderin' if you recorded "direct in" or mic'd an amp. If it's an amp, what was it? Don't hear that good'a tone much these days. Inqusitive minds wanna know!!!! Tell us about your recording setup. Thanks, Steve

– Steve Sanders

I always tell my students: questions are good, ask questions!! So that applies to all

The duo jet is a 2005, and it’s a nice light one too. I find things I like about weightier guitars as well, but as I sold my first duo jet, I wanted to buy one once again and I wanted to be light and the same year if possible. My fiancé actually bought this for me in an “accidental” eBay purchase!

Now running into my boss wazacraft dm3w with most controls roughly on 12-1, I micd up my fender superchamp x2 with a rhode nt1 or nt2 condenser mic- I need to check what mine is but it’s the cheaper of the two, it’s probably a $499 mic aus dollar wise these days, it’s a good mic!

The amp setting was channel six if I remember rightly, a slightly dirty/compressed Princeton sound. By rolling the gain back at the right volume those amps can sound really good, it’s all in matching the gain to the volume for the amount of compression you want.

Strings are d’addarios 10-52 I think!!

Hope this all helps, thanks for taking an interest and don’t hesitate to ask any more questions!!

Oh and I should mention I’m using an Irig interface to use any mic you want straight into my iPhone- so convenient!!! I didn’t edit the sound at all, it is as you hear and uploaded without going near a computer.. whose got time for that!???

Very nice Adrian!

– paul pigat

Hey Paul!! Funnily enough, I’ve been experimenting with echos and delays and one of my students said “Paul Pigat swears by a boss dm3” and I said.. well, I’ll have to try a boss dm3 then! Hope you’re well!

Nice job Adrian. We've missed your postings.

– Don Birchett

That is such a nice thing to hear Don, I will endeavour to drop in more often!

Very nice Adrian!

– paul pigat

Dm2 I mean, I forget all these details!!

Dm2 I mean, I forget all these details!!

– awhyte

Yup. The dm2 has been my go to delay for years. I'm experimenting with the mystery brain right now

Register Sign in to join the conversation