On the 'tube

Sennheiser e906 shootout with e609 and Shure SM-57

GP Folks:

I thought a shootout of the Sennheiser e906 mic was in order since it is on sale till the end of the month for 99 bucks! I never owned one till this month, but I have always used the e609 on my demos and recordings for years! I wanted to see if there was a big difference since when the mic isn't on sale it is close to twice the price of the e609. I also thought it would be worth comparing these two mics to the ago old standard, the Shure SM-57.

Let me know which mic or setting you preferred, and no affiliation here, but you can't beat the deal of 99 bucks for the e906 till the end of November.

thanks, Scott

e906 Normal or boosted sound best to me.

The e906 boosted is the only example that I “feel”. And that worries me because I spent some years mic’ing up with a e609 and before that, the obligatory SM57. Cool shootout!

You can't beat that deal! Great mike for a great price!

GP Folks:

I thought a shootout of the Sennheiser e906 mic was in order since it is on sale till the end of the month for 99 bucks! I never owned one till this month, but I have always used the e609 on my demos and recordings for years! I wanted to see if there was a big difference since when the mic isn't on sale it is close to twice the price of the e609. I also thought it would be worth comparing these two mics to the ago old standard, the Shure SM-57.

Let me know which mic or setting you preferred, and no affiliation here, but you can't beat the deal of 99 bucks for the e906 till the end of November.

thanks, Scott

– Scott Sill

thanks for sharing Scott! Let me know when you want to review some of my stuff!cheers, tv www.thenocturnebrain.com

thanks for sharing Scott! Let me know when you want to review some of my stuff!cheers, tv www.thenocturnebrain.com

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Thanks so much, I sent you a PM....looking forward to hearing from you.

Scott

99 bucks? Where? The ninetyninedollar ones I find on ebay won't ship to Norway...

Anders

The e906 is currently offered by Andertons in Guildford, UK, for £99.

Thanks so much, I sent you a PM....looking forward to hearing from you.

Scott

– Scott Sill

pm's dont work on GP or rather work randomly. you can reach me at (((thenocturnebrainseltzerATgmailDOTcom))))

pm's dont work on GP or rather work randomly. you can reach me at (((thenocturnebrainseltzerATgmailDOTcom))))

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Email sent. Looking forward to hearing back from you. scott

Register Sign in to join the conversation