On the 'tube

RJ Ronquillo

This guy RJ who does a lot of demos is always enjoyable to watch on YouTube. He has done demos for Eastwood, Hallmark, and Guild among others.

I've enjoyed RJ's playing for a while now. One of my favorite pieces was an Eastwood demo where he played a beautiful instrumental version of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball.

I've enjoyed RJ's playing for a while now. One of my favorite pieces was an Eastwood demo where he played a beautiful instrumental version of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball.

– Mark Nason

One of my fave of his was "Wicked Game", the Chris Isaak standard. He played it on a Hallmark. Heck why not just post it?

I assume he plays in a band or something? I've seen a lot of his demos on You Tube. His Eastwood Sig Model is cool looking too.

I assume he plays in a band or something? I've seen a lot of his demos on You Tube. His Eastwood Sig Model is cool looking too.

– drmilktruck

I have seen many of his videos but not all so I didn't know he had a sig model. I guess he is in a band but not familiar with his band. He is quite talented.

He is a pro sideman all over the world. Most known gig is Ricky Martin's guitarist. he's to the right of Ricky on this concert (short filipino w spiked hair)

Backing Stevie Wonder (to his left)

Backing Smokey Robinson

He also fronts his own band The Del Guapos, great singer too boot.

My favourite is his version of Sleepwalk:

And yes, my favourite amps!

And one of my favourite guitars:

I have seen many of his videos but not all so I didn't know he had a sig model. I guess he is in a band but not familiar with his band. He is quite talented.

– ThePolecats

https://eastwoodguitars.com...

So many good videos from RJ, but I'm partial to this one......... 14" semi-hollowbody, Redwood top, TV Jones Powertron.

Gotta post this. Again. They made a good job of the guitar and RJ got his Link Wray on for this

I love RJ! I think my favorite thing about his videos is he doesn't waste any time talking. Pretty much any words spoken in a youtube gear demo would be better off written in the video description, or as text overlays. With RJ, it's straight to the music. And man, what a collection of gear and styles that dude plays!

Register Sign in to join the conversation