On the 'tube

Quiet Riot - US Festival 1983

Always loved this live version. At about 2:00 it's hilarious seein Carlos Cavazo riding on Kevin DuBrow's shoulders. It's a Monkees Moment. Good thing Carlos is a fairly small guy.

What a band.

My very First,,and Last big Festival Show,, great times and a Lineup from Hell.If I remember correctly, the tickets were $25.

Quiet Riot. Mötley Crüe. Ozzy Osbourne. Judas Priest. Triumph. Scorpions. Van Halen.

Manny, yep, I wanted to go but it was all the way in San Bernardino and none of my friends drove. 14 and 15 year olds. Two US Festivals, ome in '82 and one in '83. There was New Wave Day, Rock Day, and Metal Day. Did you go to Metal day only or Rock Day and/or New Wave Day?

Stray Cats played on New Wave Day as was The Clash. That would have been something. Bowie was on Rock Day.

The only reason I went was to see The CLASH,,it was pitiful to see them without Topper.I think they broke up after that show, well,,as far as Mick Jones goes. I was front and center for them,, and I really was impressed with Men At Work.

As far as the Stray Cats go,they brought down the house, That 3 piece band sure did Rock that huge hot sweaty dirt and dusty Venue and got everybody on their feet.

My Metalhead buddies had A van so we were there for first 2 days.We all told each others parents that we were sleeping over each others homes in case they actually looked for Us, but we were ALL at the US Festival.(if they only knew ,hahha). Yeah we were 16 at the time and we didnt have money, food ,water,or gas to get back home. But hey ,it was The US Festival so we managed.

I think I was in about 2nd grade when that song was big. One of my earliest musical memories and always liked it. I didn't know until many years later that it was a cover. I have to say the original is far, far better.

I think I was in about 2nd grade when that song was big. One of my earliest musical memories and always liked it. I didn't know until many years later that it was a cover. I have to say the original is far, far better.

– Afire

I adore Slade, (although there is a woman down the road that is the spitting image of Dave Hill).

– Afire

I never knew Quiet Riot's was a cover either. Was popular when I was a sophomore in HS. I prefer Quiet Riot's cover but the Slade original kick's butt.

I love Oasis but not impressed by their cover. I wonder who they covered? Slade or Quiet Riot? We know that answer (Slade) of course.

Slade. God lord, haven't thought of them in decades. I remember that name and that song, visiting a friend in the UK, Durham, in '72. Seeing all that lot on Top of the Pops during the summer. Gonna go and listen to T.Rex today and (if I can stand it) The Sweet.

Register Sign in to join the conversation