On the 'tube

New Midnight Oil…………..with Gretsch

My favourite Aussie band. Probably been 15+ years since they’ve released new music. And as per usual, Jim Mogine wields a Gretsch, this time a Corvette instead of his usual ‘70’s Roc Jet. I’m unsure if it’s original or custom built, as Jim has a few other Jets that look like they’re custom built. Anyway, enjoy.

Agreed my favorite Aussie band and THE greatest band of all time for me. The new song is a cracker too. Jim is a phenomenal musician and decent human more importantly. It's an original Corvette, From memory he picked it up early last year and pretty cheap too. He posted a pic of it on one of his social pages at the time. I think I saved a screen shot of it because I remember thinking it was a pretty cool looking guitar at the time. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find the picture on my phone. Cheers Nate

Good to hear from you, mate, haven’t seen you ‘round here for a while.

I didn’t see the Corvette pic, may’ve been Instagram, but I did get this one.

One of the best bands I've ever seen, and I've been a fan since Diesel & Dust but wasn't aware of their huge back catalog of amazing music.

That was a cool band, and nice to see someone Who Dares to Be Different, playing a Vette instead of usual Gibson/Fender tedium.

1. Thanks, I've been keeping a bit of a low profile, reading plenty but not so much contributing. The Piers Crocker white elephant, beautiful in its simplicity. He makes incredible guitars. Jim has a few of his builds. I found the pic of the Corvette too, I'll try to upload it. I'm looking forward to the collaboration album they have done with all different indigenous artists it should be good. The big one is the new full Oils album which the release date has been put back due to Covid unfortunately, not sure when that one will see the light of day.....

Good to hear from you, mate, haven’t seen you ‘round here for a while.

I didn’t see the Corvette pic, may’ve been Instagram, but I did get this one.

– RustyG

I've seen a few pics of one like that with Jimmy Barnes.

Jim’s Roc Jet.

I think he played a White Falcon for a while in The Break.

Mr Tubs, yeah, seen Barnsey’s ones. Just love the simplicity of them...........maybe cos I’m a simple bass player !!

While on the Oils, Martin’s Strat should be a Fender signature, or custom shop.

Register Sign in to join the conversation