On the 'tube

Most Beautiful Thing” - Netflix Trailer

Hey gang,

I´ve being very busy working on this production in the last 10 months and now Netflix have a very cool trailer (not my music on it) and the opening date (March the 22nd)

So, if you are looking for another series to go on a binge, this might be the one. I´m very proud to be part of it. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers, João

Too cool, João, and congratulations. Looks like a great series - the locations, the time period, the fashions, the themes and production, the music.

I'll watch for it.

Did you write/perform cues throughout all episodes?

Looking forward to this.

Too cool, João, and congratulations. Looks like a great series - the locations, the time period, the fashions, the themes and production, the music.

I'll watch for it.

Did you write/perform cues throughout all episodes?

– Proteus

Yes, Tim. I´d say I wrote, arranged and produced 97% of the songs and the score. Played all the nylon string and electric guitars and did some bass tracks. All the samples and keyboards too. I called wonderful and talented musicians to perform (including our friend Pete Curry) brass, strings, piano, hammond, double bass, percussion and great singers too. But, besides all that, it is a good plot with good performers. I think people will dig it. :)

Perfect timing! I'll watch it this weekend (and pay particular attention to the score).

That’s awesome João! I will watch this with my wife.

Both my Wife and I are always on the lookout for new things to watch together. I particularly enjoy “period” pieces. We will watch it. Thanks

Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to hear the music you did for this!

Looks stunning! Congratulations!

That looks really great!!! Thanks for sharing.

Looks really good. Seems to have a lot of similarities to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel as far as themes, time period, production values, etc.

Congrats on the gig; looking forward to watching it.

I am always amazed by the quality of talented people/artists we have on the GDP. This is great work Joao, it looks like a great series, I'm sure that it will be binge worthy!

We'll be watching, João!

I'll look for you in the credits!

Very cool!

Very cool! Looks like a good show, but I can't watch a whole series reading subtitles. If it were for the english-speaking market, I would definitely watch. For me, reading subtitles takes away from the cinematography and the stories, too much time "wasted" reading.

But it looks like a very cool story.

I just went to Netflix and watched another version of the trailer, it's been overdubbed in english. That's better, but a little disconcerting, the words you hear don't match their mouth movements lol

What a cool gig to have tho, Joao! Congrats!

Congratulations! Not to derail, but I'd subtitles over dubbing any day of the week. I can read! Nothing more disconcerting than having the audio not match the video for me. I will checck it out. Thanks for sharing this.

Register Sign in to join the conversation