On the 'tube

Meshugga Beach Party on The Gong Show 7/6

Mel, I have it all set to record.

זאָל זייַנ מיט מאַזל

I'll make sure to check you guys out. WTG!

For anyone who missed it, here's our performance from last night

I stayed up to watch and I'm glad I did. I'm outraged that you didn't win, but then, I missed the performance that won. Great music with great reverb! Congrats, Mel!

Excellent performance! Dana Carvey knows whats up.

Loved it! What is the little guitar?, I'd love a better look at it.

I stayed up to watch and I'm glad I did. I'm outraged that you didn't win, but then, I missed the performance that won. Great music with great reverb! Congrats, Mel!

– Bob Howard

It was a clear case of anti-Tremitism that they didn't win.

Hava Nagila done surf style. Best act of the night. Far better than the cockroach/violinists.

I can't wait to see this tonight when I get home. I DVR'd it.

The show itself is much like the original. I don't care for a lot of the stupidity but that's what this show is all about. I don't think anyone, with real talent, will ever win. I imagine the guest judges are told to vote up the stupid stuff, at least it appears that way. I think Mike Myers/ Tommy Maitland is doing a great job with the nonsensical one liners. I had to rewind and listen to his comments several times already. Laughing out loud!

Bravo! The double-jointed contortionist won, but I thought you were the best act.

Thanks everyone! It was a wild experience to be a part of the show - I loved watching The Gong Show as a kid and for better or worse, it played a role in forming my sense of humor.

Mr. Tubs, the guitar is my own design that I've been working on with a friend for over five years. It folds in half while maintaining string tension. We call our brand Alameda Guitars and the model is FE-200 (Folding Electric). Here are three of the four currently in existence - the first one I scratch built on the right, the guitar I played on TV on the left, and the latest pre-production model in the center. We're working with a trusted luthier to build more and the final pre-production units will be done in the next few months. More at our website: Link

haha..that was great...tho those clever joke lines sounded very scripted..something the original gong show was not!!!

nor-cal raised dana carvey knows!

good fun

cheers

Those guitars look super cool Mel!

Wish you had won but these guitars are winners!

I was wondering what that guitar was---nice!

Your keyboard player should've worn the beard---it cost you points.

Thanks everyone! It was a wild experience to be a part of the show - I loved watching The Gong Show as a kid and for better or worse, it played a role in forming my sense of humor.

Mr. Tubs, the guitar is my own design that I've been working on with a friend for over five years. It folds in half while maintaining string tension. We call our brand Alameda Guitars and the model is FE-200 (Folding Electric). Here are three of the four currently in existence - the first one I scratch built on the right, the guitar I played on TV on the left, and the latest pre-production model in the center. We're working with a trusted luthier to build more and the final pre-production units will be done in the next few months. More at our website: Link

– Mel Waldorf

Woah! Too cool.

For anyone who missed it, here's our performance from last night

– Mel Waldorf

Mushuga??? Oy, somebody needs a Yiddish spell check!

Great performance, Mel & Co., although I wish your guitar had been louder in the mix! If Tommy Maitland's makeup wasn't so extreme, I wish Mike Meyers could have been Linda Richman for your song --- (no big woop).

Nice performance Mel.

This version of The Gong Show seems a bit more humane than the one I remember. It was kind of fun, but I won't be watching more episodes.

Best regards, Lee

You guys did an awesome job! That was very fun.

Here it is folded

– Mel Waldorf

Cool guitars! I just checked out your website.

Register Sign in to join the conversation