On the 'tube

Merle Travis - I’ll See You In My Dreams

A great video of Merle later in his life. While staying with the I'll See You In My Dreams theme, here's my favorite rendition of it, a duet with Chet and Mark Knopfler. I've heard some wonderful solo interpretations [within duets] including the terrific one with Chet and Lenny Breau but I've never heard one like Mark plays here. It's just musically ingenious. You can tell Chet likes it to by the big smile plastered on his face!

The other interesting feature of this video is that Chet's playing a steel string acoustic, something you rarely ever saw. And this video is one of the best at showing Chet's picking/playing technique up close.

Enjoy this version of ISYIMD as well

Can't recall another song played on guitar that I've heard so many versions of, and all of them are very interesting, regardless of tempo or interpretation.

Django's version blew me away the first time I heard it. The way his mind works through this is just amazing, so inventive.

That proves my point exactly. Completely different interpretation and style and works wonderfully!

Django's version blew me away the first time I heard it. The way his mind works through this is just amazing, so inventive.

– Taffy

Too cool!

Here's another version by Django.

– '53/'54 Club

This ain't a Django version!

Register Sign in to join the conversation