On the 'tube

Leaving Luttrell

I did my best to play this tune. I hope you enjoy it. It's really quite challenging, I think

Very nice Jim! That is a challenging tune!

That did my heart good this morning to see that. Nice job on a difficult tune. Did Steve Wariner write that?

That was lovely, Jim. Well out of my skill set!

That did my heart good this morning to see that. Nice job on a difficult tune. Did Steve Wariner write that?

– Enis Penvy

Yes, he did. And first time I heard it was on the soundtrack of "A Tribute to Chet Atkins." I actually thought it was Chet himself playing the tune. But no, it was Steve Wariner. It took me a long time to discover that.

You did great, Jim! I enjoyed the performance, it sounds like a challenging piece, and you played it well. Thank you for sharing your music with us, it's always appreciated.

Very nice sir!

I know that these fingerstyle tunes can be challenging ,i've had to change the arrangement of some tunes just so i could get through them.

Very nice sir!

I know that these fingerstyle tunes can be challenging ,i've had to change the arrangement of some tunes just so i could get through them.

– JCHiggy

Ah....you noticed that I did indeed change up the arrangement a little from Steve Wariner's performance. Sharp ears! Now the truth, some of the alternate licks are actually stolen from outtakes of Wariner's playing. The ending is mine, however. I just couldn't resist stealing from myself. I used that ending on "It's Only a Paper Moon."

Very nice picking my man, and great tone with your Gretsch!

Well done Jim. I think Chet would have loved that song Steve wrote.

Nicely done, Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Register Sign in to join the conversation