On the 'tube

Just another typical English pub gig…..

A nice quiet night at your local hostelry.

That was great fun. Thanks for sharing.

I don't arf miss nights like that.

I've always been a huge fan of Phil, and Roy as well. This is great. Thanks Dave!

Of course this is rather different from a typical Irish pub gig, an example follows in the video below.. This still cracks me up, and I first heard it over 20 years ago.

Couldn't arf understand a bleedin' word the bloke in the pyjamas said. But that was good rock'n'roll.

Good to see that spam-bot jame1414 is taking his job seriously.

edit--(8 hours later): Ah, good, spam-bot is gone. Thanks, Bax.

tartan phantom: Love the Peter Sellers stuff. A Drop Of The Hard Stuff was originally one-third of an LP track called Suddenly It's Folk Song which came out around 1959. It parodied three regional styles of traditional folk song (rural Somerset, Scottish and Irish) all collected by a German musicologist -- a sort of European Alan Lomax.

tartan phantom: Love the Peter Sellers stuff. A Drop Of The Hard Stuff was originally one-third of an LP track called Suddenly It's Folk Song which came out around 1959. It parodied three regional styles of traditional folk song (rural Somerset, Scottish and Irish) all collected by a German musicologist -- a sort of European Alan Lomax.

– Dave_K

Yup... don't have any of the original pressings myself, but I do have the Rhino box set issued about 10-15 years ago. It's all on there, plus a other stuff with Spike Milligan & Co. from the Goon Show, Brigitte Bardot, etc.

I also particularly like the various accent takes on "She Loves You (Yeah, Yeah)" I fell out of my chair laughing the first time I heard those. (listener warning: there is some "blue" language at the very end of the track)

The old geezers really are out in force today. i haven't heard that Peter Seller's stuff in over sixty years. BBC radio comes to mind.

Great stuff, and like all true comedy, more than an element of truth to it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation