On the 'tube

I Dream Of Jeannie, Spector, Boyce and Hart

50 years (and one day) ago, Phil Spector and the legendary songwriting team of Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart guest starred on "I Dream Of Jeannie". Twin Gretsch Tennesseans are featured and it looks, to this non-drummer, like Barbara Eden knows her way around a drumkit at least a little.
Boyce & Hart - I Dream Of Jeannie by scootaway

I remember seeing this when it first aired. I was just learning to play drums and it was not lost on me that Jeannie knew more about a drum set than did Mickey Dolenz.

Fun! Haven't seen this since sometime last century. Barbara Eden definitely has got good rhythm; see her dancing in the movie version of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

Tenneseans ruled 1965-67.

Actually they still do.

Like an early pix of the late Glen Buxton, (original Alice Cooper band) playing a Tenny.

Boyce/Hart -- wrote some good stuff.

Remember The Monkees Movie with Jack Nicholson?

In the subsequent Documentary, Bobby Hart describes how Don Kirshner wanted the songs to sound like The Beatles. And how he rode them hard to get the songs out quickly.

He was very proud of "Last Train to Clarksville".

Remember The Monkees Movie with Jack Nicholson?

In the subsequent Documentary, Bobby Hart describes how Don Kirshner wanted the songs to sound like The Beatles. And how he rode them hard to get the songs out quickly.

He was very proud of "Last Train to Clarksville".

– Twangmeisternyc

Head was the movie. Also written by Jack, maybe directed too. A great psychedelic flick. Getting caught in Victor Mature's hair...genius.

Tenneseans ruled 1965-67.

Actually they still do.

Like an early pix of the late Glen Buxton, (original Alice Cooper band) playing a Tenny.

Boyce/Hart -- wrote some good stuff.

– DCBirdMan

Glen liked Gretsches

Register Sign in to join the conversation