On the 'tube

Gracefull Ghost Rag

Hey all, thought you may like to take a look at my latest video. I arranged this from a piano video on youtube by a player called Barron Ryan. His playing is just great so used that as my basis to work out the tune. Here is mine and hope you like it.

I don't have enough guitars left to build a bonfire, but I think I will toast a few marshmallows. Beautiful, Paul.

Lovely playing . . . very enjoyable, Taffy.

Fabulous job again Paul! This degree of passion that you show in your playing is only possible when you play from memory and NOT from a chart.

And for those who may not realize this, Paul recorded this 6 min piece in one take, which is remarkable for a complicated song.

Hey thanks guys a lot. It was tough to workout and tougher to play lol. Wabash the guitar is my own custom made here in LA by my friend Mike McDaniel of McDaniel guitars. Mine is the first nylon string he ever attempted and I'm very happy with the results I arranged it a little to sound more like a classical guitar piece than ragtime as I think it lends itself very nicely to that interpretation.

That piece is a challenge to play even on the piano! I know, I tried back in the day when I was in school. I think you should send William Bolcom a copy of the video. I'm sure he'd be pleased.

We have here a phenomenal guitarist producing very challenging to play videos and the best this website can respond with is 8 replies??? By any standard that's just rude and disrespectful.

Whether fingerstyle is your thing or not, there's no denying the artistry at work here and this quality of recording deserves better. Is it going to kill you to say a few words of thanks and encouragement? Thankfully YouTube viewers like his videos, appreciate his efforts and comment accordingly.

Hey thanks Dave for being my greatest advocate, I appreciate it mate.

As per Jim's suggestion I sent my video to the composer and he got back to me. He suggested a few things to make it more to his liking which I respect being the composer so will probably post another video of this based on his suggestions. I'm just thrilled that the composer of this tune took the time to get back to me and offer his opinion.

Now, that's guitar playing.

Intrigued by the guitar and look forward to hearing more.

Superb stuff once again sir!

Great job Paul, top quality. I'm already looking forward to hearing it again after you incorporate the composer's suggtestions. Major thumbs up :)

Just superb playing as usual Paul, I'll go burn my guitars now!

Tasteful and elegant, as always. Great stuff Paul.

Hey thanks Dave for being my greatest advocate, I appreciate it mate.

As per Jim's suggestion I sent my video to the composer and he got back to me. He suggested a few things to make it more to his liking which I respect being the composer so will probably post another video of this based on his suggestions. I'm just thrilled that the composer of this tune took the time to get back to me and offer his opinion.

– Taffy

I'm so glad to hear that, Paul. Can't wait to hear the new version. Keep up the good work, brother. Your playing is an inspiration to me.

Thank you guys, you always have such gracious things to say, I'm always thankful of that

Register Sign in to join the conversation