On the 'tube

Good Rockabilly Guy Discussing Rockabilly

Stumbled upon this on YouTube just now. Enjoy watching this man discuss rockabilly, guitars and playing -

I enjoyed this. No one else though? This place is dull. High Noon are a great band and the guys enthusiasm for Sean Mencher is contagious

I have a great High Noon 10", I must dig it out for a listen. Didn't Sean Mencher used to post round these parts?

I enjoyed the video, and was suitably peruaded to check High Noon out on Spotify this morning - terrific. Thanks for the steer!

Thanks for posting. I also had not been familiar with High Noon, but they sound fabulous...real deal Rockabilly. Their 32 song compilation CD Flat Land Saturday Night is available from Amazon for under $16.00 (and it's on the Bear Family label so you know it's gonna sound good). Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that one.

Btw, the guy in the video is wrong by referring to Randy on the 'Sun and Lightning' LP cover. He is not pictured for some odd reason.

sascha, I was thinking the same thing. I don't see Randy Richter on the cover. The guy on drums is partially blocked but resembles him but Randy is a guitarist so that wouldn't be him.

I enjoyed this. No one else though? This place is dull. High Noon are a great band and the guys enthusiasm for Sean Mencher is contagious

– Vince_Ray

"you can tell who hasnt played in a long long time" :)

So a little off topic, but the 6 degrees of separation thing. So I watched and enjoyed the video, which lead me to the Randy Richter site. Started watching the "I walk the line" tutorial and randy starts talking about the 2 dollar bill he got from Gladewater, TX. Showing the Museum in the video right next to the Johnny Cash exhibit it "Jim Reeves" who I am a distant cousin of. It's not far from Carthage where I was born and the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame is which includes my relatives Jim Reeves and Tex and John Ritter. Too bad I inherited "0" of their talent.

For those of you movie goers, if you ever get a chance to watch "Bernie" with Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine and Matthew McConaughey its a great movie. I know a lot of the people and characters in that movie.

Sorry for the derailment!

Register Sign in to join the conversation