On the 'tube

Girls From Ipanema” on Netflix now

Hey guys, remember the Netflix series I did last year? Well, the second season is on. After a year of hard work, here we go:

https://www.netflix.com/tit...

Somehow we are top 10 in the World today (#5 in Portugal... ;)

Here´s the trailer, in English:

Please (pretty please) watch it with subtitles, not dubbed!

:)

I´m pretty proud of all the music work I did with dozens of great musicians and actors. I´m also proud that this show brings light to feminism, women's empowerment and historically Black community issues in Brazil. We need this more than ever.

Cheers!

Wow. That's looks great. Congrats! So, you worked on the music?

Wow. That's looks great. Congrats! So, you worked on the music?

– Jimbodiddley

Thanks, Jim! Yeah I produced, wrote the songs and the score, prepared the actors/musicians in scene, wrote the arrangements, played all the guitars (and some basses) and did the musical supervising.

;)

Congratulations.

Added to my queue! This looks like something that my wife and I might actually agree on watching. We usually waste about half an hour trying to find something to watch and then at least one of us will fall asleep halfway through.

American Landscapes has been in heavy rotation for the past couple weeks in my household. Any chance your work from the series will see a release?

Thanks, Jim! Yeah I produced, wrote the songs and the score, prepared the actors/musicians in scene, wrote the arrangements, played all the guitars (and some basses) and did the musical supervising.

;)

– João Erbetta

Cool! I'll check it out.

It's all fabulous, Joao. I'm glad you got the opportunity. You have the talent, the background, and musical sense, and you've worked hard, so it's well deserved - and from what I've seen/heard, you knocked it out of the park. I hope it leads to more such work.

It all has a bad case of the too-cools!

Wow, very cool João! I guess I'll have to watch it now!

Added to my queue! This looks like something that my wife and I might actually agree on watching. We usually waste about half an hour trying to find something to watch and then at least one of us will fall asleep halfway through.

American Landscapes has been in heavy rotation for the past couple weeks in my household. Any chance your work from the series will see a release?

– Junior Q Man (Ryan M)

Yeah, I do believe Netflix will release the soundtrack soon. We had the one on first season released right after the show ( https://open.spotify.com/al... )

I’m glad you enjoyed “American Landscapes”! It can be a little dark for these days but I like the overall melancholic vibe

I mostly remember hairy men in banana hammocks, but the sidewalk was pretty!

I mostly remember hairy men in banana hammocks, but the sidewalk was pretty!

– Billy Zoom

When did you go to Rio, Billy? I´m pretty sure the banana hammocks are still there

It's all fabulous, Joao. I'm glad you got the opportunity. You have the talent, the background, and musical sense, and you've worked hard, so it's well deserved - and from what I've seen/heard, you knocked it out of the park. I hope it leads to more such work.

It all has a bad case of the too-cools!

– Proteus

You are always too kind, Tim!

Register Sign in to join the conversation