On the 'tube

Free Guitar Lessons for Rockabilly, Surf, Rock n Roll, Beginners to…

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my latest lockdown endeavours to create some free guitar tutorials for anyone wanting to try out some rockabilly or surf styles, these are aimed at beginner to intermediate players but I'm keeping them fun and hoping that anyone can take something from them.

So far I have a lesson in country fingerpicking ( Im sure a lot of you guys can do this better that me ) beginner rockabilly solo tricks, surf guitar ideas, and how to play a couple of my own compositions.

I have created tablature for all of the lessons here and have started recording backing tracks too which are free to download or PAYF.

https://www.xraycattrio.com...

I'm so far doing one video a week so if you'd like to keep up to date with these, please subscribe to the channel DEATHRAYCAT on YouTube. And please let anyone you may know who is wanting to get into this style of guitar playing !

Check out the lesson playlist on YouTube here

https://www.youtube.com/pla...

Thanks and let me know if these are any use to you, I'm learning how to do this so any feedback is much appreciated!

I heard those, sounds good mate, open minded to... Travis pickin for example. However folks do it is fine hey. Plus your wee amp sounds good. I had one and sold it, probably shouldn't have after hearing this

I have been having a great time running through these lessons, its generous of you to make these. Thanks for sharing them

Cheers fellas! Vince that blues Jr is probably the amp I've used the most over the years. Sounds great and doesn't break the back.

What a cool (of you) thing to do -- appreciated!

Cheers fellas! Vince that blues Jr is probably the amp I've used the most over the years. Sounds great and doesn't break the back.

– El Nico

So are you straight into the amp or is there any of them tricky pedal fellahs in between?

What a cool (of you) thing to do -- appreciated!

– Lacking Talent

Thanks a lot !

So are you straight into the amp or is there any of them tricky pedal fellahs in between?

– Vince_Ray

for those vids and most of the time it's just the Boss RE20 space echo, and some times Boss TR2 tremolo. I'd love to try one of those Mystery Brain things, I've heard so much about em.

I've got a couple of fuzz pedals and boosts but still figuring out how and when to use them. I'm just a simple meat and potatoes man deep down I think.

Oh and I always have a compression pedal on but you hardly notice any difference with that.

Register Sign in to join the conversation