On the 'tube

Fogerty — too kool

Huge John Fogerty fan. By the way, Kenny Aronoff is a monster drummer live. Thanks for posting.

I'm a long time Fogerty/CCR fan. Pretty much every Nam era veteran is a fan. Kenny Aranoff records and plays with a lot of artists, most notable with John Mellencamp, as he's a Hoosier boy. Only drummer I know of that wears work gloves. He does seem like the hardest working drummer in the business.

Saw him this last summer with ZZ Top on the Blues and Bayous tour. He can still pull it off in spades. Amazing performer!

Fogerty got sued for sounding like himself. The record company lost---the judge must've been a CCR fan. He's still using the same Kustom amp he used at Woodstock. One of my favorite musicians that never had a Top 40 hit. I've heard someone say that he just does the same thing he did 50 years ago. Can you do the same things you did 50 years ago? Still puts on one heck of a show!

In the concert he has that amp for part of the show. Well CCR had plenty of top 40 hits, but as a solo act Fogerty has not.

In the concert he has that amp for part of the show. Well CCR had plenty of top 40 hits, but as a solo act Fogerty has not.

That may be true, DCB, but CCR without Fogerty hasn't shown any new hits and John's Centerfield album did pretty well on it's own. Is the song in the video a new original? I like it.

John Fogerty never had a Top 40 hit? Really?

Jambalaya from 1972 hit #16 on the Billboard Top 100.

Also from 1972, Hearts of Stone hit #37 on the Billboard Top 100.

The Old Man Down The Road from 1984 hit #10 on the Billboard Top 100.

Rock and Roll Girls from 1985 hit #20 on the Billboard Top 100.

Rockin' All Over The World from 1975 hit #27 on the Billboard Top 100.

Here's a fun video for Fogerty and ZZ Top fans.

They're Roundup-ready, eh?

John Fogerty never had a Top 40 hit? Really?

Jambalaya from 1972 hit #16 on the Billboard Top 100.

Also from 1972, Hearts of Stone hit #37 on the Billboard Top 100.

The Old Man Down The Road from 1984 hit #10 on the Billboard Top 100.

Rock and Roll Girls from 1985 hit #20 on the Billboard Top 100.

Rockin' All Over The World from 1975 hit #27 on the Billboard Top 100.

– Ric12string

I should've said a #1 hit. Made it to #2 with Proud Mary, if memory serves. The Dead never had a #1 hit, either, but they both have legions of die hard fans.

"Centerfield" was a big hit for him...Name of the Album...hit #4 in the Billboard Top Rock Tracks

"Centerfield" was a big hit for him...Name of the Album...hit #4 in the Billboard Top Rock Tracks

– Twangmeisternyc

Surprisingly, that song only reached #44 on Billboard's Top 100 chart.

The first LP I ever bought was Cosmo's Factory. I still love it. That Blue Ridge Rangers album is incredible, as is the first solo album. It's Almost Saturday Night is just an immaculate Rock song....as is Proud Mary, Lookin' Out My Back Door... No wonder these guys were referred to as "The American Beatles." That wasn't just hype.

I remember he played an Intermission during one of the recent outdoor NHL games...he looked COLD!

I think he would prefer Baseball!

That song has to have paid a lot of bills, always hear being played at Ballparks...

Saw him at the Tower Theater in Philly during the tour where he started playing his old CCR stuff.

He basically introduced them as old friends, and how good it was to be reunited and reacquainted with. And then he went into the set...

It was incredible. Everyone knowing every word to every song, singing like it was revival Sunday morning, Kenny Aranoff behind the drums, and the opening act, Blind Boys from Alabama backing him up on several songs.

Shows like that still give goosebumps when I think about how good they were.

Register Sign in to join the conversation