On the 'tube

Fil takes on Chet

Pretty fair analysis of Chet's playing style.

Am I the only one who feels like that smile on Fil is sometimes forced?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy (even though I haven't a clue who or what "Wings of Pegasus" is/are). And I think that his observations are generally quite good. But, that smile that he breaks into when absolutely nothing is happening in the video to merit it is what strikes me as odd.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy (even though I haven't a clue who or what "Wings of Pegasus" is/are). And I think that his observations are generally quite good. But, that smile that he breaks into when absolutely nothing is happening in the video to merit it is what strikes me as odd.

– Ric12string

I agree with your assessment of both his observations and his smile. Reminded me a bit of Mike Meyers in Wayne’s World.

Here's another video of his on both Chet and Jerry. Of interest too is that Chet is playing a nice Super Chet with the fixed tailpiece and Jerry isn't using his index finger to pick at all!

– Ric12string

Yes, and yes. I too have mixed feelings about Fil's presentations. While I appreciate his enthusiasm, his observations, and commentary generally, I do wish he would pause every few seconds to breathe.

Register Sign in to join the conversation