On the 'tube

Duo Jet On Norman’s YouTube Channnel

A very nice example; too bad it sounded like sh*t with that amp and settings.

That' s one incredibly clean Jet! Interesting transitional.

Yeah it didnt sound that good with that amp. Maybe he should had used the matching Gretsch amp which is part of the sale.

I agree with MadScientist, what that was it sure produces noise, not tone. It does sound like shit, and you can't even tell it was a Gretsch he was playing. No "Great Gretsch Sound" at all.

Yeah it didnt sound that good with that amp. Maybe he should had used the matching Gretsch amp which is part of the sale.

– ChimingBell

Yeah that would have been so much better. Don't know why the Gretsch amp as not used. Maybe in the shop being worked on? If so why not wait until available. If the Gretsch amp was not available then why not try a Tweed Deluxe? I'm sure at Norman's Rare Guitars he has a Tweed Deluxe in either vintage or reissue.

You all are right these guitars are very amp specific, especially amp of that era to match specific. I tried a 1955 Due Jet at Guitar Center Hollywood in the vintage room about 20 years ago thru a Black Face Deluxe Reverb and it was eh okay but I am sure thru a Gretsch amp circa the same year as the guitar or even a Tweed Fender would have sounded many times better.

Fella talks even more than Guitarmandude! D'ya think the free zipper scratches will be included?

Fella talks even more than Guitarmandude! D'ya think the free zipper scratches will be included?

– Uncle Daddy

I was wondering about wearing a jacket with zippers with that vintage guitar. Either he's very careful or he scratches it and makes it even more of a relic.

Yeah that would have been so much better. Don't know why the Gretsch amp as not used. Maybe in the shop being worked on? If so why not wait until available. If the Gretsch amp was not available then why not try a Tweed Deluxe? I'm sure at Norman's Rare Guitars he has a Tweed Deluxe in either vintage or reissue.

You all are right these guitars are very amp specific, especially amp of that era to match specific. I tried a 1955 Due Jet at Guitar Center Hollywood in the vintage room about 20 years ago thru a Black Face Deluxe Reverb and it was eh okay but I am sure thru a Gretsch amp circa the same year as the guitar or even a Tweed Fender would have sounded many times better.

– ThePolecats

Funny thing: Before he plugs it in, he mentioned that he didn't want to use the included Gretsch amp because it isn't that good sounding and he wants to sell the guitar

Yet another example of 'Emperor's New Clothes', assuming a vintage Gretsch Duo Jet, Dynsonic pickups combined with a Blackface Deluxe Reverb is going to sound amazing! It has to hey? Doesn't it? Everyone says so. It must be true. So I'll use them together and make a video and be BLIND to the fact that it sounds like a dog barking in a bucket.

Register Sign in to join the conversation