On the 'tube

Dave Grohl - Play

The music starts at 8:11 but the whole video is interesting and contains a Gretsch Duo Jet.

I've watched this several times already. I'm a big fan of Dave's. I'm just not really sure what he was trying to accomplish, here. It's not a bad song but it's very long and doesn't really have a lead or a hook. It's certainly a cool bit of video and I love what he says about the kids in the beginning.

Cool video! It begs the question “How many Grohl’s can play at one time?”

I just had lunch with my recording guy and he struck up a conversation about this, right away. He's on a forum with some recording guys and supposedly the guy who did the studio work with him had commented about this project. Apparently, Dave did the drum tracks first without a click track or headphones and then added all tracks afterwards. That's pretty impressive and I guess I get the fact that this is supposed to be an instrumental and I guess a sort of jam. Dave is very talented. I do like it but it just throws me off from his other works. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I just had lunch with my recording guy and he struck up a conversation about this, right away. He's on a forum with some recording guys and supposedly the guy who did the studio work with him had commented about this project. Apparently, Dave did the drum tracks first without a click track or headphones and then added all tracks afterwards. That's pretty impressive and I guess I get the fact that this is supposed to be an instrumental and I guess a sort of jam. Dave is very talented. I do like it but it just throws me off from his other works. Maybe it'll grow on me.

– Suprdave

Yeah, I noticed that he wasn't wearing headphones as Dave Grohl the drummer. I wondered if he free formed the drumming.

Register Sign in to join the conversation