On the 'tube

Current state of the industry, throwing drinks at performers.

He should have Schoolhoused the asshole.

I remember there was a lot of beer throwin' at the Beat Farmers concerts, but that was all in good fun. This was just nasty.

I hope Security had a chat with the thrower.

If the guy is going to spend good money on a drink, he could hand it to me so I could drink it, then tell me that I suck verbally. I’d be OK with that

It's wild you were rolling on that. Who the hell does that? Tommy sure kept his cool.

I remember being at a show in London when someone threw a pint glass at Johnny Rotten. He just snarled into the mic: "Police yourselves!" And we did.

He handled that quite well, truly a "suck it up and drive on" moment!

...and people STILL say wrestling isn't fake!

If the guy is going to spend good money on a drink, he could hand it to me so I could drink it, then tell me that I suck verbally. I’d be OK with that

– JBGretschGuy

I was thinking along those lines too. Throw unopened beers at the stage and I'll take my chances with catching them.

"Current state of the industry, throwing drinks at performers."

And then it gets ever worse...

Years and years ago (like 30?) I played at a large venue supporting a touring New Zealand act. So we had a full house of very large Kiwis who didn't want to bother with the support act and they had been drinking for some time... Someone through a coin at me and hit my '64 6120, leaving quite a dent.

So I said over the PA that I didn't mind people throwing money but I would prefer larger denominations. Preferably paper.

But I still wonder - why do people do this?

That hapened in the 790's & 80's too. At least they don't spit on us anymore.

Years and years ago (like 30?) I played at a large venue supporting a touring New Zealand act. So we had a full house of very large Kiwis who didn't want to bother with the support act and they had been drinking for some time... Someone through a coin at me and hit my '64 6120, leaving quite a dent.

So I said over the PA that I didn't mind people throwing money but I would prefer larger denominations. Preferably paper.

But I still wonder - why do people do this?

– JimmyR

I could tell you exactly why, but, decorum and site rules prohibit me from using certain words.

Someone would have to come to my gigs to throw drinks. That would be progress.

Wabash did you see my band??

I remember when the crowd was different. A kinder gentler nation.

Big Unknown Hinson fan. Heres one where he tells off some dude wanting to know where his telecaster is.

thankfully i have never seen similar incidents in my almost 50 years of concert attendance. but then, few of the artists i support draw a crowd of drinkers other than Gomez, whose fans are exceedingly friendly and harmonize like birds even when they're 3 or 4 beers in.

Register Sign in to join the conversation