On the 'tube

Brit Merseyabeat Gretsch action. Rare & cool.

The Boys later became The Action, then Mighty Baby. Nice 6070 bass.

Falcon, too. And Gent over in the rack of guitars. Tried to ID some of amps and speakers, also.

Imagine how much better those Gretsches would sound if they were actually plugged in.

Nice choreography, too.

Imagine how much better those Gretsches would sound if they were actually plugged in.

Nice choreography, too.

– wabash slim

The opening lick does sound like Filters to me. Obviously not live, but it might be the same guitar.

Love this. There's quite a bit of under-appreciated mod music, which I love. The Action are one of those under the radar bands. Reg King, the front man, could easily have been as big as Rod (The Mod) Stewart. I think I like him better. Not as 'distinctive' a voice, but a great one.

I was looking at the gold boots rather than the guitar rack.

from sound city to glastonbury '71

hah

sandra barry...some good wanda jackson ala uk stylee

cheers

The Boys later became The Action, then Mighty Baby. Nice 6070 bass.

– tonyb

I saw The Action in London very many years ago, but as I recollect, they were doing Motown-style cover stuff, and the guitarist played a cream Tele (or Esquire) They were also a three piece, with no rhythm guitar (but very, very good). I've tried to find out more about them ever since, but to no avail until now. Thanks for this.

If truth be told I think this is rather corny, even given the period. And Merseybeat? They were a London band.

If truth be told I think this is rather corny, even given the period. And Merseybeat? They were a London band.

– Dave_K

Merseybeat sound Dave. Sandra later acted in St Trinians movies.

i wouldn't have classed that as merseybeat. sounded more like the Dave Clark Five 'London Beat' to me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation