On the 'tube

Brian Setzer Vintage Guitar Collection and Home Interview

...speaks for itself! Awesome... YouTube

Too bad its not uploaded in HD. But hey, what a gem to watch!

Funny, good stuff. Gotta admit. It gives a lot of credence to the old "the tone is in the player" argument. He's playing a bunch of different axes thru a gretsch amp with a little echo and they all pretty much sound like him. BTW I can't get a Gretsch to sound like that no matter what I do to it.

When I play a my Gretsch it sounds like my old Guild, or my 52 Tele

that was fun!

Best part was "Buy a Country Club. They are half price of the 6120 and sound great out of the box". I would do that immediately. My wife didnt gave me one for my birthday...

This is a fantastic little video. Brian is always fun and informative and, of course, immensely talented. Had the pleasure to speak with him as he got off the elevator after performing on Conan O'Brien in NYC a number of years back. (This was during the '69 Comeback Special period. ) I told him I thought he was a natural teacher, based on the Hot Licks video (produced by Arlen Roth way back when), and that I'd love to see more instructional material from him.

When I told him it was a privilege meeting him, he replied that it was his privilege meeting me! Just a first-class, gracious individual.

Also loved that part with Eddie Cochrans guitar pick. Awesome story too when he's telling about fixing Bill Haleys guitar...

Also loved that part with Eddie Cochrans guitar pick. Awesome story too when he's telling about fixing Bill Haleys guitar...

– ChimingBell

I have to agree. It was good to see one of my guitar heros for lack of a better expression getting giddy over his. It showed that we all do it and no matter how good we are or what level we reach we all still have that as part of our make up.

That one-off, vintage, blue sparkle Jet looks and sounds awesome. I'd love to have that in my possession.

Cool video, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for posting this. I was glued to it.

Great stuff from Brian. Thanks for sharing that.

It was interesting to hear his set up preferences e.g. he like to get the pickups as close as possible to the strings. Also interesting that he doesn't like D'Armonds in a hollowbody - only in the solid body Gretsches.

(Loved that ES-175...whoa!)

I was glued too -- thank you for posting, what a treat to see Brian run through nearly all of his guitars. I just had to pull out my guitar and start playing some licks while I watched.

He mentioned that you could find the chords to the Gunsmoke Theme he was playing, on CowboyChords. I think he ment cowboylyrics.com, but I couldnt find the song. Anybody help please?

He mentioned that you could find the chords to the Gunsmoke Theme he was playing, on CowboyChords. I think he ment cowboylyrics.com, but I couldnt find the song. Anybody help please?

– ChimingBell

I just think he meant - as a joke - that they were cowboy chords (meaning simple, open chords), which he contradicted after playing the song, when he said “yeah, those aren’t cowboy chords. Some guy could really write music really wrote those chords.”

haha ok. thanks for that solution. there it was... the language problem paired with plain attention to gretsch viewing AND NOT listening properly Thanks!

The one that got away.

– JazzBoxJunky

Excellent video, thanks for posting! I wonder if Marco Pirroni (ex of Adam and the Ants) still has that Falcon...

The last i heard Adrian Hornbrook had Brian's stray cat Falcon,that was 19 years ago though!

Lot's of fun...worth all 50 minutes to watch.

Good to see and hear Brian having some time to go through all his favorites for all our benefits'...

Back in 2008, the White Falcon in question was for sale. Brian was interested in buying it back, but according to his (then) web-master, they were asking a fortune for it...

In the Youtube Comments you'll find some guy who has also lost his baby to Brian and wants it back

Joseph Neola vor 16 Stunden · Öffentlich geteilt

Brian Setzer, if you end up reading these comments, I note that at one point in the video you talk about a particular White Falcon that "got away" that you wish you had back. Well, I had a 6120 that "got away" that I wish I had back, and guess who has that 6120? You do -- providing you still have the 1957/1958 6120 with the unsculpted gold colored lucite pickup surrounds, early Filtertrons, the metal string nut, no zero fret, the cowboy case and "jeweled" leather cowboy strap. I sold the guitar to you back in 1992 thru Albert Molinaro who had it on consignment at his old store on Sunset Boulevard. Cutting to the chase, can I buy it back from you???? I put my "child" up for adoption and it got the best possible home -- you -- but "daddy" wants his baby back 

Is it just me? But the Stray Cat guitar has a sort of "chorusy" tone compared to the rest of his 6120s.

My SSLVO is no way near that tone. It sounds dry. Thanks for posting the video, I saw it twice already. Great watch.

I can't find this vid anywhere. Has been pulled off the tube and any associated links. Anyone have a copy or a link? Or even pictures of his ES-175?

Yeah its gone on YouTube. Maybe someone could upload it again for sharing. I believe Tavo has the original video taken from a Japanese guitar mag DVD

Register Sign in to join the conversation