On the 'tube

Brian Setzer - Gotta Have the Rumble

Yes, great energy, and really well-produced as it was recorded online, basically, with Setzer doing his tracks with a sequenced drum and bass track, then adding live drums and bass afterwards in a different city. Good record.

CD should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to having some great new music.

Listened to my new CD yesterday and loved it. Great songwriting and guitar playing. A bit different from some other of his CD’s, but terrific nonetheless. A very refreshing sound. Highly recommended!

... what happened? This is not BSO meets 68 comeback special.

Brian needs to be surrounded by a new think tank, and wash all the bowling shirt casserole off the table.

Collab with JD McPherson and Dump Chris Lord Algae for certain.

Go back to: Chris Haynes, Jason Wormer and John Holbrook. Get Rich Modica back in the mix too. Bring it all into Jimmy Suttons Chicago Studio! Set the world on fire again Brian, QUICK!!!

Brian needs to be surrounded by a new think tank, and wash all the bowling shirt casserole off the table.

Go back to: Chris Haynes, Jason Wormer and John Holbrook. Get Rich Modica back in the mix too. Bring it all into Jimmy Suttons Chicago Studio! Set the world on fire again Brian, QUICK!!!

– TheNocturneBrain

It sounds like a logical continuation of Rockabilly Riot! All Original with some BSO meets 68 Comeback Special spices added to me. I'm not sure what's not to like about this album. I think One Bad Habit is my new theme song to my wife.

I don't care for it much, at least the first cut. It's fun, but I prefer his more subtle, technical, and jazzy stuff to the more attitude-oriented songs.

My wife and I just gave both these tracks a once thru, and we both really like the sound of "One Bad Habit" best. It is melodic and has great vocal harmonies!

– TheNocturneBrain

I'm ruger9, and I endorse this message.

Brian is one of my absolute all-time favorites. And I LOVE 68CBS. Even NBFD. The Sun Records Tribute was awesome. Personally tho, I prefer the BSO stuff. I like the jazz element.

But I think I'm done with the NEW rockabilly stuff from Brian. it just sounds old to me. Whereas the BSO stuff does not. (exception: anything live is fantastic, he is a great showman).

if the BSO isn't financially feasible right now, he should consider doing a standards record- his way. Sort of like what Harry Connick Jr did with "When Harry Met Sally".... not lame at all- Brian is a stellar player, and I think he could really turn it into something special.

I'll offer this into evidence as Exhibit A and Exhibit B:

Register Sign in to join the conversation