On the 'tube

12 String Duo-Jet!!! — Del Casher

Okay. Gretsch really needs to make this guitar. If for no other reason than to build an electric 12 that will re-define that sound, and put a serious dent into a competitor. A Dyna Jet body with a slightly chunkier D shaped neck circa 1956, big block markers and white plastic button tuners to reduce headstock weight and whatever pickups Del is using, in a top mounted Dyna style. 24.5/6" scale of course. Not crazy about his pickguard, but I know a guy. And God Bless Deke Dickerson.

Sweet Georgia Brown

Dark Eyes

Sugarfoot Rag

Little Rock Getaway

Cool. That Duo Jet 12 mash-up doesn't really sound particularly 12-stringy . . . which isn't a bad thing. It does have a unique voice. I don't know how well that would sell as production model or special run, but I'm all in favor of the idea.

Cool. That Duo Jet 12 mash-up doesn't really sound particularly 12-stringy . . . which isn't a bad thing. It does have a unique voice. I don't know how well that would sell as production model or special run, but I'm all in favor of the idea.

– AndyJ

That’s why I posted that earlier topic about a 12 of the Pro Jet persuasion. Price point might make one seem more attractive to them who might not otherwise consider scoring one. Also, I love my 5422-12. I kinda pictured a Pro Jet being the Electromatic solid-body version, like Rickenbacker’s 620/660 in relation to their 330/360 12’s. Different and useful variations on their own theme IMO.

But anyway, my dubious knowledge of luthiery has me curious if one couldn’t just put the 5422/12’s neck and bridge on a Pro Jet body.

(This, of course, is why I’ve made millions in the guitar design/marketing industry.) HAHA!!!!

Ain't nothin a hammer, chisel, and some Elmer's glue won't cure.

Register Sign in to join the conversation