Modern Gretsch Guitars

Where Do You Keep Your ‘Gretsch Guitar Guarantee’ Certificate?

A few years ago I bought my dream White Falcon. It came with something no other guitar purchase came with -- a white envelope with a big "Gretsch Guitar Guarantee" certificate. Looks like a diploma.

I just stuffed it in a desk drawer...but I know it should be with the guitar. Do you keep yours in your case? Hang on wall? What?

In the case so when someone steals my guitar they get to know it's under warranty.

So, under the guitar in your case? Or do you fold it up and stuff it in the little storage compartment?

In the envelop it came in, in the case right under the head stock.

Some are under the guitar, others are slightly rolled under the headstock. No rhyme, no reason. I think they're all where they came from the factory.

In a mayonnaise jar kept on Funk and Wagnall's porch.

Huh......I've never seen one. They must not have been standard issue with Electromatics when I bought mine.

– NJBob

Ha! Laugh In! I got it. I’m sooooo old.

I don't know what the hell to do with it. Can't you just get a digital copy of it and store it on your phone or something?

Filing cabinet.

– Baxter

Yep ,me too ... always figured it was an OCD thing.Not in the case to possibly grow legs and walk off or flung about in the house for me to forget where I put it.

In the case so when someone steals my guitar they get to know it's under warranty.

– Curt Wilson

That's pretty damn funny, Curt.

Bob sez:

Nother Bob sez:
Ha! Laugh In! I got it. I’m sooooo old.

I got it worse (or maybe better) than you Bobs: after graduation and for several months I dated a girl who lived literally across the street from Wagnall's Memorial in Lithopolis, Ohio. (She went to college on a county-wide scholarship fund established by Wagnall, apparently a local boy done good.)

So I know all about Wagnall's (back) porch. The facility was closed at night, and after dates we'd mosey over to the porch, you know, kinda hidden away from the street and all.

Kinda hidden away and all. You know. You shouldn't even have to look it up.

Filing cabinet.

– Baxter

same here. I don't keep them with the guitars... with picks/straps/string winders/extra strings/truss rod wrench, I've got too much junk in the cases already.

Ancient huge bank safety box my grandmother somehow ended up having, before I got it. Mine are nearly 8 1/2 x 11. How in Sam Hill do you get that in the case?

I have to assume mine is with the original owner... assuming also for the moment that person is still alive. As the second owner, I have but two pieces of paper with mine- the original price tag ($600) and the red "SOLD" tag the store hung on it while I went to the bank and withdrew the cashola.

In a drawer somewhere with every other piece of paper that came with an amp or guitar. I have quite the collection. I still have the manuals that came with my first Strats around 1981 or so.

I don't have one, it was a B-stock. Yet another thing I don't have to worry about.

Well, thank you, Protey, for putting your own unique spin on what has been (for yeeeaaars) a happy and rather innocent teenagehood memory. Oh how we laughed at Carson as Carnac the Magnificent! But never again, as the memory is now sullied with the image of ...I can’t even say it. I may not even be able to sit out on my own front porch without...

Thanks for sharing.

Register Sign in to join the conversation