Modern Gretsch Guitars

When Musician’s Friend Blew Out G6119T-62 For $899

I liked it more than I did with roundwounds, but it made me realize I’m not a HiLo Tron guy. I enjoy HiLo’s in the hands of others, though! I’m definitely not knocking them. It was a gorgeous guitar in, and of, itself. I wish I’d kept it and just swapped pickups.

– Troy6120

What’s your thoughts on Dyna’s?

What’s your thoughts on Dyna’s?

– ThePolecats

I had a 6120-DSW with Dynasonics and I absolutely loved them. I regret selling that one. Very versatile pickups. If I recall, the output on those were 7-8k, and the Hilo’s were like 3k(???).

I had a 6120-DSW with Dynasonics and I absolutely loved them. I regret selling that one. Very versatile pickups. If I recall, the output on those were 7-8k, and the Hilo’s were like 3k(???).

– Troy6120

Troy, I'm sort of in a similar situation as you. I have sellers regret now. I didn't have a 6120 DSW BUT I had a circa 2005 or so Gretsch Country Club with Dynas. There was a model of Club they made that wasn't in any literature from my understanding but they made and I had one. It had supposedly solid spruce top and Dynas. Sounded great. I had it from 2006 to 2008. I have a habit of buying and selling even if I like the guitar. Some I guess I won't part with. That one I was okay with parting with it at the time but recently I had that regret. So recently I tried a used 6120 DSW that was beautiful in looks and smooth as silk playing wise and sounded excellent. I think the 6120 DSW although similar is more livelier and snappier if you well. Dynas sound great.

Sorry I derailed this thread.

Sorry I derailed this thread.

– Troy6120

Troy, you did no such thing. It's all relevant to the theme of this discussion. Thanks for your input.

Register Sign in to join the conversation