Modern Gretsch Guitars

What am I looking at???

I found this image on-line in a Google search for Bigsby vibratos. I have no idea what it's showing me. It appears to be a cool modern design for a Bigsby B6 on a single-cut Gretsch archtop... but is it? Is this even a real guitar? Maybe a computer generated image? I dunno... but it's bugging me.

Looks computer generated to me, and I use this sort of software to make my living.

Never seen one before. Dig the sort of B16 hinge style on a sort of B11 frame.

Looks digital to me. The knobs are a little lower and fatter than real, pickguard is too thick, and the bevel on the pickguard is wrong. Polepieces on the pickups appear not to be screws, AND to have rounded edges on top - which combination doesn't match any real Filter'Trons I know of. Note the inside tips of the F-holes; they're too rounded.

It's pretty well done, though. Unless it was just an exercise, I don't know why anyone would go to this effort to mock up a slightly redesigned Bigsby. Seems like it would be easier to just patch the rendered Bigsby design onto a photo of an actual guitar.

Found a much larger version with a reverse image search. It is definitely a computer image made with a 3D program like Maya, Max or Lightwave. I even have some of those textures on my system.

Yeah, in the closeups, ALL the edges of metal components are obviously different from the reality we know. (As well as the saddles on the bridge.)

Graphics for a new Chinese-made forgery.

High-school/undergrad graphics project.

Ultimately, junk.

Gives me some cool ideas for a custom shop model. Country Gent with faux binding and satin chrome hardware. Probably just me but I like it. But I like the Eagles too, soooo..............

I do like the more streamlined Bigsby (though it needs a handle to match) and satin hardware. It's a way to be over the top but still understated.

I wasn't dismissing the concepts in the graphic so much as the suspect intentions behind it's creation. Satin chrome hardware is quite intriguing and I thought of cutting out the inset part of the Bigsby many moons ago.

on any guitar with a halfway resonant top a lighter bigsby would be a good thing and make for an all around lighter guitar too. I just need to find a $25 bigsby to try it on.

I love the titanium look of it and I'd also love to see some new innovation from the world of Bigsby.

I love how the ball ends of the "D'Addarios" are just stuck on the back of the bar.

Enis, If you enlarge the image it looks like string pins are color coded to match the strings. The strings wrap around and mount on the other side. Makes me think of color golf pins.

https://i5.walmartimages.co...

Yeah it was hard to see on my phone. I have a bunch of those tees by the way.

Nevertheless the Bigsby idea looks cool.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I like the brushed aluminum aesthetic as well. Here's another atypical Bigsby, perhaps created with a lower tech solution. Again... another random image, so I don't really know what this is...

That one is real, in that it exists in the real world.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I like the brushed aluminum aesthetic as well. Here's another atypical Bigsby, perhaps created with a lower tech solution. Again... another random image, so I don't really know what this is...

– kc_eddie_b

I‘ve matted my Bigsbys with 0000 scotch brite, looks great imo.

Nice... I really like that look Stefan!

Register Sign in to join the conversation