Modern Gretsch Guitars

Weirdest CG I’ve ever seen!

Just finished watching some movie about The Monkees on Netflix, and the Mike Nesmith character was playing the weirdest CG I've ever seen.

Had Filtertrons as usual, and color/markings were OK, BUT!

The controls were like a Duojet. A single pickup toggle, master volume, and separate pickup controls WITH A TONE KNOB!?

Looked weird, and couldn't help thinking it was just sooo wrong. Anybody else familiar with it? Hopefully this was a 1-off mistake.

Possibly a period-incorrect (not to mention model-incorrect, as the Monkees did not use Gents) guitar from the later '70's?

Paul/FF909

The Monkees movie was made in the late 90's/Early 00's, so it was probably a Pre FMIC Country Classic II

The Monkees movie was made in the late 90's/Early 00's, so it was probably a Pre FMIC Country Classic II

– Andy J

– AndyJ

Yep, that's it. Just looks weird & more than a little "off" to me.

Checked, movie was made in Canada/2000.

It looks like an upgraded Electromatic 5122 with bound f-holes is all! I liked the pre' FMIC headstocks, in fact they should have used that design on the new Electromatics IMO, but that's another thread :)

The controls are wrong for any Filter-equipped CG. It does make it look like an Electromatic.

Register Sign in to join the conversation