Modern Gretsch Guitars

Weird Gretsch (?) Tailpiece

NFI.

A modded Country Club with P-90's sounds like big fun but it has a strange tailpiece which looks just like the standard G tailpiece, but there's no G there, just blank space. Weird. Not sure about the claims of a "solid" spruce top either.

Never seen that before.

It's a cheapo - I had one on a guitar I bought and It actually bends from string tension.

It's a case of "you get what you pay for."

Put a Bigsby on it and toss the junk.

I agree with Wabash.

With the P90's and a sunburst finish, visually this guitar reminds me of a Gibson Super 400 but with two major improvements: It has a Master Volume control the Gibby lacks and the pup selector is in the correct location!!! A proper Bigsby B6 will really set off the look nicely. So would a natural finish but as everyone knows, that's just me. Hee! Hee!

It's a Grebson!

or a Gibetch!

Unless somebody lost a part I can't really understand putting a Gibson style pickup selector switch on it?

Did somebody want a Gibson ply archtop and couldn't afford their inflated prices??

With the P-90s they probably had to cut some extra long holes in the top. Probably sounds cool but it kind of normalizes the Country Club.

Unless somebody lost a part I can't really understand putting a Gibson style pickup selector switch on it?

Probably just added a poker chip and a plastic knob. Easy enough to reverse.

Register Sign in to join the conversation