Modern Gretsch Guitars

This bird followed me home from the beach

I met Frank (Geffinf) today in Santa Monica at Truetone Music. What a fantastic store. This Falcon wanted to join our family.

Pictures truly do not do it justice.

I always thought that when I got a falcon, it would be a silver falcon. I am not a fan of gold so the white and black were out. When Frank posted a link to this quicksilver falcon last week. It hit everything on my list.

Ya know, it looks better on Carrie than it does on either of us, but any way you look at it, it’s a beauty. Congrats again on the new family member, it’s a keeper, and so is any wife who would not only sanction this, but also accompany you on the procurement mission.

Yep, Falcons come no gorgeouser. Ya done good!

Sweet one! Congrats!

Nice! And oh what amp is that?

Love the color!

Is that considered a Grey Falcon?

Love the color!

Is that considered a Grey Falcon?

– crowbone

Quicksilver is the color.

BTW, your lady looks like Susan Tedeschi in the second pic. Don't know if it's the glasses or guitar.

Quicksilver is the color.

– RcktBrewMan

Ah ha!

Just like the time I bought a new car.

Executive Silver, they said.

When I went to sell it they called it "No Sale Grey"!

I met Frank (Geffinf) today in Santa Monica at Truetone Music. What a fantastic store. This Falcon wanted to join our family.

I always thought that when I got a falcon, it would be a silver falcon. I am not a fan of gold so the white and black were out. When Frank posted a link to this quicksilver falcon last week. It hit everything on my list.

– RcktBrewMan

Ah, a nice pic of a beautiful gal and an Exec amp without the visible screws on the front. Oh, and there's a pic of a nice guitar too!

Well...I believe the amp is a Variety, not an Exec.

Yes that is a Variety amp that left its home in Indiana and moved to California. Thanks Tim.

The Variety and Falcon sound great together.

I may have some questions/observations regarding tone knobs (guitar) and amps responses. But I want to play more tonight before making any statements.

Very nice. Congrats. Enjoy.

Well...I believe the amp is a Variety, not an Exec.

– Proteus

Right you are Tim but at least it's a Gretsch.

It is at that! But I thought the point of your reference to the amp was that screws weren’t showing, as they do on some Execs.

To my knowledge, the Variety was never so disfigured, so...it’s not exceptional that none are showing on this one.

It is an exceptional amp that I wish I could have used to its potential. I’m glad it found a good home.

– RcktBrewMan

Thank you so much to you Scott & Carrie, and thank you Frank for the intro and chaperoning!! Enjoy that amazing guitar Scott! We have a bunch more Stephen Stern Gretsch Custom Shop guitars on order as well as the regular production line stuff. If anyone here is interested in a Gretsch or anything else, mention The Gretsch Pages and we will hook you up with a great deal! Thanx again!

Cool guitar Scott, and so cool that Carrie loves being a part of this.

Anything new brewing up?

It is at that! But I thought the point of your reference to the amp was that screws weren’t showing, as they do on some Execs.

To my knowledge, the Variety was never so disfigured, so...it’s not exceptional that none are showing on this one.

It is an exceptional amp that I wish I could have used to its potential. I’m glad it found a good home.

– Proteus

You raise an interesting quandry Tim, regarding the screws. I hadn't thought about it till you mentioned it. Have you, or anyone else, seen a Variety with...variety....ie screws on the face?

Excellent catch at the beach! Congrats!

Register Sign in to join the conversation