Modern Gretsch Guitars

These new streamliners …

Getting real curious about them. Especially the 2622T. A fair amount of compelling clips around. The pickups sound pretty damn interesting. One for sale nearby, torino green ... I may not be able to resist.

Go for it! I have the 2655TG P90 model and like it a lot. Comfortable neck and a great modding platform. Streamliners are hard to beat for the money.

I had a G2655T Streamliner Jr. and it was very nice.

Mine was the Cherry Walnut-y finish...looked great and sounded good.

Crowbone -- "had"? I'd quite like one of those, so what went wrong?!

Crowbone -- "had"? I'd quite like one of those, so what went wrong?!

– Dave_K

I gave it to a friend that needed a guitar in a desperate way.

He's a working Jazz/Blues musician that had his guitar stolen.

I'd won the guitar, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

No player should be without a guitar.

Outside of that, I really liked the guitar, and was suprised at how good it sounded.

I gave it to a friend that needed a guitar in a desperate way.

He's a working Jazz/Blues musician that had his guitar stolen.

I'd won the guitar, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

No player should be without a guitar.

Outside of that, I really liked the guitar, and was suprised at how good it sounded.

– crowbone

You’re a good man John

I have a 2655T in Gold Dust which has that same nice neck, and I'm thinking of letting it go, not because there's anything wrong with it, it's just one of too many guitars I own and it never gets played. I even went out and bought a Gretsch case for it. A 2420T in gold dust would be a nice one to have, too, but acquiring more guitars is not something I should even think about.

acquiring more guitars is not something I should even think about.

You and me both, Brother in Excess.

So why do I identify an incipient Teletype hanker beginning to glow in the cool ashes of my spent guitar lust?

Something on the fat side of the classic Tele-bridge gnarling twang. Somehow the tight, unitary, fully integrated feel of a Reverend slips into my fingers' memory. And what do I find at Rev's site but at least three candidate Teletypes! P90s are not appropriate for this hanker, so the Charger is out (and I have P90s on three Revs already). But looky there the Buckshot, and the Trickshot, and the Pete Anderson Eastsider.

You're at least a fully vested deacon in all things Reverent, Frank (I'm sure they know you by name), and you probably know all three of those guitars. Any advice pertaining thereunto?

Register Sign in to join the conversation