Modern Gretsch Guitars

The new Cliff Gallup model is here!!!

Sounds like a nice rock.

What rock have you been hiding under? Everybody knows that any mention of Bob and Doug Mckenzie will inevitably ignite a firestorm of political anger and recrimination. They may be the two most polarizing figures of the last 50 years.

– Afire

haha:) Especially when this dropped. Beer-Nog was pure controversy

This thread Galloped right off the Cliff ;]

I'm drinking beer nog as i type!!! some call it delicious but others call it a way of life!!!!

haha:) Especially when this dropped. Beer-Nog was pure controversy

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Two of Canada's finest statesmen.

I would bet a beer that pic is not photoshopped. And if so, then not relevantly. Looks just like an enlarged low res pic to me the took from a secret dealer announcement. I'd bet another beer that Gretsch saves the correct details for the Custom Shop Tribute version.

– sascha

Sure, I'll gladly buy you a couple of beers when we finally do get to meet, but I still think it's photoshopped. A lot of those "new guitar announcement!" pics are.

I find this very odd. It's essentially a DSV with a Bigsby bridge, right? I personally really like Bigsby bridges but I cannot imagine that it's more appealing to more people than the Melitta that came on the DSV. Why did they stop making the DSV in the first place (asked the proud and happy owner of one)?

I think you guys are missing something that Mr Carducci said - it is hollow, not just chambered. So yes, it will look the same in a picture but should sound rather different. That's a pretty big difference - potentially.

Should be fairly light in weight as well.

I think you guys are missing something that Mr Carducci said - it is hollow, not just chambered. So yes, it will look the same in a picture but should sound rather different. That's a pretty big difference - potentially.

– JimmyR

it will sound like a brighter version of Setzer's original 50's jet, or Billy's. HOLLOW wow!

– JimmyR

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, that does make a big difference!

Very cool! ... just a shame they didn't get the headstock shape and truss rod cover correct.

– JimmyR

Wasn't the DSV? Why aren't they all? And what does it mean? More heavily routed? Or a more fundamental change in process?

IMO, this is how all DeArmond Jets should be routed.

We all know this pic. I'm sure it would make a difference.

Hmmm, the more I think of a completely hollow Jet the more I get interested. Joe, how about a complete overhaul of the Jet series? A vintage oriented hollow body line on one hand and slight spec changes to the existing models would make a nice addition to the player series on the other.

A nitro finished hollow Jet Firebird for me, please.

I'm sitting here tapping my Jet Firebird, looking for the hollows! The Cliff Gallup model is gonna be great, I'm sure. Plus I'm looking forward to the Rockabilly Revelations that surround the legend of this guitar. I wonder if it's in some kids bedroom, painted pink with orange dots on or something. Who knows?

Can't we get this thread back on track to slagging canadians!!!!!!???

I need a favour from any Canadians from or near Moose Jaw. No, seriously but carry on.

Slagging Canadians? But I like Canadians. I like Canadia. Some great musicians come from Canadia - artists with a capital "eh".

Why not move production of Gretsches to Canada?

Why not move production of Gretsches to Canada?

– JimmyR

Printing the bilingual owners guides would make it cost-prohibitive.

Oui, j'adore mon Gretsch soixante et un-vingt. Pourquoi ne pas construire au Canada? A l'enfer avec le cout!

Register Sign in to join the conversation