Modern Gretsch Guitars

THE NEW ARMREST FOR MY BLACK PENGUIN ARRIVED !!!!

It arrived and is already installed. I got it here in Europe from a Banjoguy in GB.It´s much cheaper (rd. 22,- € ),than the import from the States. Just have to "fake anodize" it in cause of the mismatch

The only blemish is, that the edges of the old one scratched the body and a little chip is also visible. I´ve tried to polish it but I guess it needs a little bit time ,to eliminate the scratches

And the old one found a new home on my Country Club and I think it looks real classy

The Country Club looks superb with the arm-rest. Great guitar(s).

I like the armrest, really dresses up the guitar!

Thats really gonna look nice when you fake anodize it

I love it (them)! The more subtle approach fits the class of the Penguin, and the other one fits right in the with the aesthetic you have going on with that Club. Great solutions!

I might even consider leaving the Penguin unit chrome. I've done that with my 6121, but then again that already has the 2-tone thing going on with the gold hardware/alloy Bigsby. It might not work as well with the black finish and "all gold" hardware on the Penguin. Either way... nice mod!

I love it (them)! The more subtle approach fits the class of the Penguin, and the other one fits right in the with the aesthetic you have going on with that Club. Great solutions!

I might even consider leaving the Penguin unit chrome. I've done that with my 6121, but then again that already has the 2-tone thing going on with the gold hardware/alloy Bigsby. It might not work as well with the black finish and "all gold" hardware on the Penguin. Either way... nice mod!

– kc_eddie_b

Kc ,I can do it and see,how it works (looks) for me and finally redo it when not. I´m also thinking about,to get this one and cut it and drew the holes to fix it and finally let it plate in gold

Looks great! I would love a gold one for my 5422.

GREAT looking guitars! Love the Bigsby on your Penguin.

It arrived and is already installed. I got it here in Europe from a Banjoguy in GB.It´s much cheaper (rd. 22,- € ),than the import from the States. Just have to "fake anodize" it in cause of the mismatch

– Voodooholly

Hey voodooholly, I hope you’ll still be reading this even after four years Can you let me know where to get one of these chrome arm rests? Thanks! Best Markus

better yet, where do we get the armrests that the Gretsch Custom shop uses with the slightly rolled edges?

better yet, where do we get the armrests that the Gretsch Custom shop uses with the slightly rolled edges?

– TheNocturneBrain

YES!!!! Those a more elegant solution in my opinion!

– TheNocturneBrain

Joe C. told me ,that they are from an old batch they've found somewhere in a corner and only available on Custom Shop Jets.

Hey voodooholly, I hope you’ll still be reading this even after four years Can you let me know where to get one of these chrome arm rests? Thanks! Best Markus

– therealmf

As I remember right,it came from an american ebay dealer.

Register Sign in to join the conversation