Modern Gretsch Guitars

The blue Gretsch collection

Here's a sort-of blue Gretsch Annie (6118T-ISV)... accent edges count, right?

Your thread, your rules.

My new G6136T-59 Lake Placid Blue Falcon with TV Jones Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity Filtertrons

Welcome to all things Gretsch, Sabato! Maybe my thread on this model inspired you? Regardless, you're the first around here to pick up one of these beauties. What a great guitar to enter our 'madness' with!

BTW, do you have other Gretsches or is this your first? What styles do you play and what do you play through?

G2655TG-P90 Limited Edition.

Thank You. Still a beginner, but my first Gretsch was a Brian Setzer 6120 since I am a big fan. I am working on a fingerstyle, not Brian's hybrid flatpick style, but Chet Atkins thumbpick style. I read a great article on the Setzer sound and I got the Dyno Brain from Tavo at Nocturne, and the El Capistan from Strymon. For that sound I bought a new version of the tube amps Setzer uses,Tavo makes those as well. Sounds great, now it's up to me!!!

This was the "sound" inspiration: http://www.gad.net/Blog/201...

Proteus has granted me license (as the thread starter) to change my own rules, a power I do not take lightly. But this ES-295 is the closest thing Gibson made to a Gretsch in the 50s, and it's equally recognized as a classic rockabilly rig, so when I saw this reissue in blue... my knees got weak. I had to add it to this thread of blue awesomeness!

Erm, no 5420 so far?

Proteus has granted me license (as the thread starter) to change my own rules, a power I do not take lightly. But this ES-295 is the closest thing Gibson made to a Gretsch in the 50s, and it's equally recognized as a classic rockabilly rig, so when I saw this reissue in blue... my knees got weak. I had to add it to this thread of blue awesomeness!

– kc_eddie_b

That is so right. Gibson did a few of those in different colours all of which were stunning looking but that is beautiful.

How about this baby blue custom shop 6120?

It’s called ‘motor city blue’ if I’m correct

It’s a custom shop Stephen Stern relic 6120 from 2017...no tone switch (does have master tone), no zero fret, 2.75” body depth and light trestle bracing.

Register Sign in to join the conversation