Modern Gretsch Guitars

The blue Gretsch collection

Lovely pair... in blue of course!

– kc_eddie_b

Thanks! I love this pair!

If I was ever limited to owning just one Gretsch it would be the Ocean Turquoise Penguin. Please DO let me know if you ever tire of it.

This is a legit factory blue '67 Annie. I've found two like this that are 3 serial numbers away from each other, Cool!

This on the other hand is a '66 Annie, also in a special factory finish. It appears to be a lot like the aspen green from the Electromatic a few years back. It's actually a faded metallic blue... (see back).

I don't have a blue guitar but if I could, that turquoise Falcon would be on top of my before I die list. I like every one of the above, regardless.

Hey KC Eddy, on the first page you posted a picture of a falcon with thumbnails and vertical Gretsch logo and said it isn't for everyone but that you liked the gold. What model Falcon is that? I've never seen that one. You said it's a royal blue.... The blue is almost cobalt in color to me. I love it.

Dont forget cams billy bo he had signed at rockys party

Dont forget cams billy bo he had signed at rockys party

– munman

Here you go.

Hey KC Eddy, on the first page you posted a picture of a falcon with thumbnails and vertical Gretsch logo and said it isn't for everyone but that you liked the gold. What model Falcon is that? I've never seen that one. You said it's a royal blue.... The blue is almost cobalt in color to me. I love it.

– Diggey

Here ya go Diggey... The "royal blue" was my description. The actual model designation is listed in the ebay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gre...

I'll chime in here too. Originally I wanted a sky blue Tele, maybe a G&L but when I came across this Jet I immediately took action to acquire:

Is this Penguin really a Sonic Blue?

– kc_eddie_b

That thing.... that thing gives me g.a.s.

If you prefer Dyna's, this lake Placid blue Jet will do!

– kc_eddie_b

ALL YOU CAN SAY IS BEAUTIFUL

Another cool Penguin interpretation (6134-KWP)... love the arm rest!

What a great collection of blue Gretschness! Thanks for curating it, Ed.

I had a blue guitar thing for several years (and I still have the guitars), but it was before I contracted Gretsch disease. Those don't belong in this thread.

I've been greener in my Gretsch pursuits, with four specimens.

Well Karolyn got lucky in Nashville and won this beautiful fairlane blue G5420T . Here's my grandson Ethan cheesing on it. It looks different from every angle.

Thought I would add a photo of my Electromatic 5420 in Ice Blue Metal Flake. I believe it was a limited run of 50 or so, so you don't see many like it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation