Modern Gretsch Guitars

Tenny Love!

I love my G6119T-62 Vintage Select . . . and I don't care who knows it!

Glad to see you getting along with the TVJ HiLo's. Many people either love or despise HiLos for one reason or another.

I think the Electrotone body Tenny with the fake F-holes is one of the best looking Gretsch models out there.

Oh, this isn't my first go-round with a HiLo Tenny, Rob. I had a 2009 G6119t-1962HT, and I even loved the stock HiLo's. At the time, I had a Duo Jet with stock Dynas, my Bamboo Annie with TV Classics, and my G3156 Historic with the stock DeArmond 2000's, and the HiLo Tenny still became my #1. When I had to sell the majority of my stuff, the HiLo Tenny was the one I missed the most and had in mind to replace when the time came.

The TVJ HiLo's have a bit more oomph, but still capture all that is good in a HiLo'Tron! HiLo's and the Electrotone body are a match made in heaven, and they do look good together! For some odd reason, they sound good in my hands . . . go figure.

I have a lot of love for the base Tennessean model.

If you have Tenny Love (in any form), it's okay to show it here. . . .

The real deal! Thanks, Baba Joe!

I've been known to play one..all the time for the past 25 years! Mine is a 60s model but basically the same guitar. I too agree they are one of the prettiest and nicest sounding gretsch's. I'm looking at mine right now. I put hilotrons on all my other gretschs...much to the dismay of many.

. 1965

– Baba Joe

Ah Baba.....65.....you or the Tenny or both? Both look in great shape!

@Toxophilite, Proteus, and RickyBob: thanks for posting your Tennys, fellas!

Here's mine - sorry : Lefty...

A 2008 G6119LH model, on which I added an engraved custom headstock plate :

I wanted this guitar since a teenager...

Since I sold my clipper I'm having Hilo-Tron separation anxiety! They are something special.

A lefty standard Tenny . . . nice touch with the plaque, gazoyey! Oh, and welcome to the GDP!

A lefty standard Tenny . . . nice touch with the plaque, gazoyey! Oh, and welcome to the GDP!

– AndyJ

Thanks AndyJ !

@MarkG: Your Tenny's finish has faded into a burst! :)

Yes indeed. There is still some burgundy tint under the bridge and on the back. This guitar must have had a hard life before I bought it in '05.

Mine's a 64 and has had the headstock broken off ...10 times a few times in mid-air live! I bought it probably in 87 or 88 Here it is more recently next to my other favourite guitar. It's never had a pick guard. I bought one in the 90s when they reissued them but I couldn't get used to it so I never left it on

Ah, yours is the Tenny with the detachable headstock . . . I saw that thread awhile back.

I've been known to play one..all the time for the past 25 years! Mine is a 60s model but basically the same guitar. I too agree they are one of the prettiest and nicest sounding gretsch's. I'm looking at mine right now. I put hilotrons on all my other gretschs...much to the dismay of many.

– Toxophilite

I was happy to just notice that in this photo my space echo has extra large letters on it spelling SEX. I'd forgotten about that

Register Sign in to join the conversation