Modern Gretsch Guitars

Teaser from Gretsch.. New jet comming?

Hello,

I just checked my instagram app on iphone and saw short teaser video of some red duo jet (gold hardware) with odd pickup switch position that I never seen before. I made screenshot, its little blur but you can check by yourself on instagram app.

Is this one of the teaser videos from gretsch what will be presented on Namm 2017 or its just some custom version ?

Anyone have some idea?

On '60's Jets (and many other Gretsches) that was a power on/off switch.

Will 2017 be the year of the Jet?

On '60's Jets (and many other Gretsches) that was a power on/off switch.

– lx

Oh, I didn't know that.

I hope the 2017 will be the year of a Jet, because I want to buy one... still waiting for namm show :)

Or stand-by switch. I got rid of it when I replaced the harness on my 6103, as it was too easy to accidentally mute the guitar during gigs.

Phase switch, c'mon now!

– Dr. Titan McKrakus™ (two thumbs up!)

everybody's a comedian....

A lot of people still think that the kill switch is a phase switch.

A jet is high on my gas list, unfortunately, it falls under the "want" gear column, and I have stuff in the "need" column I need to snag first!

Gretsch just posted teaser pic of a guitar for 2017. Its somekind white penguin, what do you think guys?

Gretsch just posted teaser pic of a guitar for 2017. Its somekind white penguin, what do you think guys?

– Lukec

The thumbnail in that pic suggests FilterTrons, which I believe haven't been on a Penguin in the standard lineup for some time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation